Job description / Role
IFS - HC - Regional Learning & Development Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Learning and Development, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives that constantly improve the PwC experience. You'll help us identify and source the best instructors, develop learning and performance improvement solutions across traditional and virtual classroom environments, and consult with other areas of the Firm to ensure our curriculums and initiatives support the PwC strategy.
The xLoS - Regional Learning & Development Manager is responsible for the design and delivery of best in class cross line of service learning solutions that meet our business purpose, in a cost effective and innovative way. The Regional Learning & Development Manager focuses on the creation of learning solutions in totality, from concept and design through execution and assessment. Works with the XLoS - Regional Development Senior Manager to develop, define and implement the Learning & Development strategy for the ME.
- Recommend budget for the xLoS Learning & Development function across the region
- Manage budget and reporting process in line with the Firm's strategy, global guidelines and staff internal needs
- Manage and control the Learning & Development expenditure and cost per hour
- Identify new, cost effective delivery models
- Ensure that the L&D team deliver value for money, on target, on budget, learning solutions
- Acts as a trusted advisor for learning related matters
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with regional and global counterparts / stakeholders
- Support synergies within the business to ensure that our programmes support the business in its future growth and encourage cross Line of Service working
- Consult with the business through, and when needed with, HCBLs and L&D Leads
- Liaise with People Leadership Team (PLT), HC Business Leads and L&D Leads to develop business skills programmes that meet not only the current business needs but also to predict future needs so that we can better support the growth of our business
- Liaise with PLT, HC Business Leads and L&D Leads to identify areas for future development initiatives
- Manage and implement the ME Learning strategy in line with the Firm's strategy, global guidelines and regional focus
Plans, selects and leads to implementation of global learning programs to address employees' skill-development needs
- Explore, assess and build strong relationships with top tier training external vendors and certified coaches in line with internal needs
- Engage in high impact Learning and Development projects with global interaction
- Manage the assessment needs analysis and leverage outcome to map relevant courses accordingly
- Report relevant KPIs to measure course effectiveness pre and post participation, measuring staff accomplishment and performance
- Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Manage and implement innovative ways while developing the learning activities, whether through facilitation, digital materials, instructor guides, or the venues
- Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans
Learning & Growth
- Ensure the team has the necessary resources to perform autonomously while encouraging decision making and problem solving skills
- Promote collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the People Team
- Work on specific projects related to L&D initiatives as assigned
- Develop a culture of continuous learning within the L&D team and benchmark against best practices in the HR industry
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Develop members on the team from a technical standpoint
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Professional Certification in Human Resources is preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 7+ years of experience of which 3+ years of relevant experience
- Significant experience in an international professional services environment, including Learning & Development function is preferred
- Deep understanding of best practice L&D processes, reporting and analysis
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
- Ability to quickly understand key business challenges and strategic objectives and align Learning & Development strategy accordingly
- Ability to gather and analyse complex business requirements and advise on creative optimal solutions from a Learning perspective
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approachability
- Strong conflict resolution/management skills
- Knowledge of learning styles and techniques
- Knowledge of HR best practices and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.