Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll help our local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Talent and Performance team helps identify key talent value drivers specific to our business and focus on metrics based assessments of our talent management and talent drivers and identifying skills, roles, and people required to deliver our business strategy. You'll focus on enhancing performance management within PwC to offer benefits that are critically appealing to our employees which include career paths with a variety of opportunities, differentiated reward and recognition outcomes, and a culture of high performance and real-time feedback.
The Regional Talent & Impact Lead develops, defines and implements the Talent and Performance strategy and agenda for the Middle East firm. As the leader of the Talent & Impact Centre of Excellence (COE) within HC, the role includes leadership and responsibility for: Talent Strategy (excluding talent acquisition), Talent Management, Succession Planning, Performance Management, GCC Nationalisation Strategy and Global Mobility. All of which are aligned to and contribute towards the driving and delivery of the firmwide People Strategy.
Primary duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the HC Leader to plan and budget for all Talent and Impact practices across the region and is responsible for managing budgets accordingly
- Provides analysis and leadership reporting of return on investment and value/impact evaluation of all Talent & Impact processes, programmes and initiatives.
- Lead all Talent Programmes (end to end) including participant identification and nominations, design, implementation and evaluation/ROI
- Lead the performance cycle end to end, including management of relevant systems and reporting
- Create, manage and maintain strong relationships with regional and global counterparts / stakeholders
- Look for synergies within the business to ensure that our programmes support the business in its future growth and encourage x-los working
- Act as a trusted advisor and SME in career progression and people related matters
- Conduct training sessions to both, appraisers and appraisees to ensure transparency of the process and high quality assessment write ups
- Main point of contact and lead for any performance related activities - liaising with HC Business Leads to ensure consistency and alignment
- Lead communication on all activities/initiatives related to Talent and Impact
- Lead on process improvements Internal Process
- Lead the Performance process for the staff in the region from initial stages up to completion
- Explore, assess and build strong relationships with top tier training external vendors and certified coaches in line with internal needs
- Maintain high quality standards in the assessment write ups review/quality checks and provides relevant feedback to appraisers to ensure enhancements
- Manage the pre and post reporting processes to ensure timely and accurate input to inform decisions
- Oversee the upskilling of Career Coaches e.g training, briefings to ensure they are effective in their role
- Main point of contact on talent and performance for HC Business leads and stakeholders
- Keep track of any changes, feedback and gaps and highlighting them to the HC Leader
- Oversee the management of performance-related systems, tools and applications
- Work closely with Head of Reward to align where required, performance strategy/processes to reward and recognition
Learning and Growth
- Lead the assessment and development of different ways to improve and enhance the quality of current Talent and Impact offerings and drive forward changes to deliver improvements
- Develop and maintain transparent HR policies and practices that build a positive work environment promoting an organization culture that supports the business strategy and company values
- Create a friendly work environment that promotes a culture of trust, knowledge sharing and growth of all team members
- Ensure the team has the necessary resources to perform autonomously while encouraging decision making and problem solving skills
- Develop members on the team from a technical standpoint
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
Knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Master's Degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Professional Certification in Human Resources is preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- Ideally 10+ years of relevant experience, with at least 4 years in a Human Resources management/leadership position within a leading regional organization and experience across all employee lifecycle activities such as L&D, operations, performance management, talent and development programmes is preferred
- Significant experience in Talent and Performance Management, preferably in an international professional services environment
- Experience of managing multiple senior stakeholders in a complex matrix organisation is preferred
- In depth knowledge of human resource management best practices
- Has experience of leading and/or building a team or Centre of Excellence
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of talent management processes, including succession planning, performance management, talent development programmes, mentoring and sponsorship programmes
- Ability to gather and analyse complex business requirements and advise on creative optimal solutions
- Excellent knowledge of latest market developments, best practices and trends in the Talent and Performance domain
- Knowledge of nationalisation, diversity and inclusion strategy and related talent initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities
- Ability to draw information from several areas and transfer requests and solutions to Specialised Teams, Resource Hubs and Local Teams within the HC Team
- Excellent project management and change management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to gather and analyse complex business requirements and advise on creative optimal solutions from an HR perspective
- Solid presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to influence Partners of LoS, Function Leads to meet the HC support needs of the business, while maintaining a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A successful track record in leading and managing people
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approachability
- Strong conflict resolution/management skills
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.