Job description / Role
IFS - IT - Augmented Reality Senior Associate - Dubai
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
The Emerging Technology Lab is a group of technologists with expertise in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design. We work with future technologies and help PwC stakeholders understand how these technologies can affect their work. We are an R&D group that builds functional prototypes that demonstrate the potential of future technologies.
What you'll do:
You will be engaged with our Emerging Technology team to build prototypes and solutions for internal teams.
As a technologist, you're expected to:
- Blend technical experience in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design with business perspectives from organizations, sectors, and industry.
- Help teams achieve their goals through rapid iteration, experimentation, and prototyping while maintaining organizational focus to apply past lessons to future endeavours.
Who you'll work with:
You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping PwC solve its complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Proactively assist in the management of multiple internal projects, while reporting to Managers and above.
- Train and lead staff.
- Establish effective working relationships directly with PwC staff.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen.
- Keep up to date with local and global future technology trends.
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing projects.
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Engineering or similar degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in programming; experience applied to business problems is required.
- Experience programming Python, SQL, Node.JS, R.
- Strong Experience working with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services.
- Experienced on Big Data platform like Apache Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Natural language processing techniques and leading technologies.
- Machine learning algorithms and leading technologies.
- Web application design and application frameworks.
- REST services and middle-tier business layer design patterns.
- Relational databases and SQL.
- Database design, creation, manipulation and query.
- NoSQL datastores; and, Linux OS and development tooling as well as open-source libraries.
- Proven record of individual leadership in a work setting or through extracurricular activities.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success collaborating with a broad team of strategy, technology, creative, and production resources, especially coordinating project work with third-party partners and vendors.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying and addressing client needs, building solid relationships with stakeholders, developing an awareness of our emerging technology services, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritising and completing tasks.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience or Interest in Unity3D, Vuforia, or other AR/VR software tools Strong technical aptitude VR/AR hardware integration.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success supporting.
- DevOps implementations, transformations and engineering support including the following areas:
- Understanding complex architectures and the ability to coach and guide delivery teams in engineer practices;
- Understanding dependencies;
- Understanding how developer's code, check-in into source control, perform manual and automated tests;
- Performing vulnerability and performance tests; and,
- Deploying to production.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Thinking creatively, and possessing problem-solving skills and individual initiative;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data;
- Demonstrating proven thorough abilities as a team member;
- understanding personal and team roles;
- contributing to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively;
- Providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less- experienced staff
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success utilizing effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment, emphasizing the preparation of clear and concise documentation for projects.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success engaging in teamwork dynamics as a team member, including understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and completing work in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.