Job description / Role
IFS - IT Finance Manager - Dubai
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Management Level: Manager
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analyzing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Finance Systems and Processes team supports PwC's financial systems business operations processes and alignment with strategic vision. You'll focus on providing Finance systems representation on projects, handling production issues, conducting trend analysis of tickets for enhancements as well as assisting in managing inventory for all Finance systems and tools.
Responsible for the management of the firm-wide technology budget within PwC ME, with a specific focus on direct cost management , budget development, business case review, return on investment calculations and optimization analysis. The Financial Controls team is tasked with maximizing return on financial assets by establishing, implementing and auditing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
The team reports directly into the Regional Finance Director and thus has oversight over all finance functions. Plays an important role in working with the regional Finance Team Leads in driving strong accounting practices into IT finance management operational improvements, and supporting resolution and investigation into day to day issues arising in the finance practice. Responsible for Acts as an SME on complex accounting treatments, and reviews completeness of transaction information entered into all ledgers / journals.
The Lead facilitates this by ensuring that policies, procedures and controls appropriately manage any finance risk to the firm.
• Responsible for review of LPOs
• Review and approval of invoices, and allocation of costs to internal cost centers
• Review of finance transactions on all IT ledgers
• Capitalization, amortization and accruals of IT transactions
• Allocation to business end users
• Monthly reporting of IT budget status
• Budgeting and forecasting of IT spend
• Review of cost optimization opportunities
• Close collaboration with finance team
• Supports financial decisions by monitoring policies and procedures.
• Supports asset protection by monitoring internal controls.
• Monitor and confirms financial condition by conducting internal finance team health checks; supporting wider audit activities by both internal / external auditors.
• Supports internal customers (other finance leads and teams) on implementing correct accounting treatment for all IT transactions.
• Provides support in troubleshooting IT finance issues complex finance issues, and supporting resolution and issue analysis as appropriate
• Works with LoS and IFS leaders to ensure reporting is aligned with business strategy, is accurate, and useful
• Work with business partners to complete, review and reforecast annual technology budgets
• Responsible for implementation of financial controls within IT Team
• Reporting and Analysis of financials to IT Leadership
• Supports in the development of all finance policies, procedures, processes and controls.
• Engages with Finance Team Leads to roll out and implement policies, procedures etc.
• Supports with health checks on the business as requested by the Finance Director / CFO
• Conducts studies on internal risk levels and provides analysis to Team Lead
• Supports all period end closing activities and reporting as appropriate
Learning & Growth
• Meets with relevant business stakeholders and LoS Finance Partners regularly to ensure optimal relationship
• Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members
• Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the finance team
• Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationship
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required
• Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• Overall experience of 5+ years in broad finance experience (accounting, budgeting, control, reporting)
• Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
• Thorough understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
• Problem solving skills
• Risk averse/risk management skills
• Process oriented
• Organization skills
• Thoroughness and eye for detail
• Time management skills and pro-activity
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ethical conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.