Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
Line of Service Overview
Middle East IT team are professionals who provide strategic advice to our business leaders, and provide, develop, deploy and operationally support effective and innovative technology based solutions and services.
This empowers our business and helps us work collaboratively on strategies, solutions and programs that support the firm.
The role required a dynamic IT professional with extensive experience in managing planning, budgeting, patching, updating, monitoring, maintaining and support of ME Region (IT Operations / infrastructure and data centers) related services / software and equipment.
- Support developing and documenting operations / infrastructure / data centers services regional strategy.
- Implement, and ensure delivery of all current and future infrastructure and data centers projects, and business cases.
- Implement and manage current and future infrastructure and data centers related projects, and ensure delivery of project deliverables and milestones, with agreed on time and quality.
- Identify, implement and manage infrastructure and data centers projects changes, issues and risks, and escalate them as necessary.
- Reporting as necessary for business and technology leads on projects / solutions implementation progress.
- Monitor performance of regional Data centers components and manage / escalate issues and risks to the management as necessary.
- Design, configure and deploy infrastructure solutions, in addition to develop associated solutions cost to build, operate and maintain.
- Plan, implement and ensure delivery of infrastructure and data centers configuration, changes, releases, incidents and updates.
- Plan and ensure that the capacity of technology infrastructure including backups can deliver the agreed on service level in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Monitor and supervise the daily operations of the core infrastructure, Backup management, procurement management, data centers patching and equipment management.
- Ensure that all Operations, infrastructure and data centers services are available and meet the agreed on service level.
- Response and implement the requests for changes to the Infrastructure production environment to minimize the risks of service disruptions, in addition to manage and control the implementation of approved changes.
- Build and maintain continuous dialogue with business partners and other technology functions to support effective collaboration and team coordination.
- Coordinate with other technology functions, to deliver the projects agreed on requirements and services.
- Contribute in developing of function processes and ensure of implementation of related processes and standards.
- Function SLA's management.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. He will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will
translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as computer Science, Information Technology.
- Qualifications: The following qualification(s) are required /preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role:
- MCSE - Required
- CCNA - Preferred
- Proven experience in the following:
- IT Infrastructure design, implementation, management and support.
- Data center operations.
- Configuration, management and support (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GP etc.)
- Backup operation (Symantec backup) implementation and support.
- Windows Server 2012/2016 management and support.
- SAN Storage / HP MSA management and support.
- SCCM / WSUS management and support.
- Experience in implementation, configurations and support of the following :
- Servers and storage virtualization (VM ware & Hyper - V).
- Cloud hosting technology and MS Azure.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in Data Centers, IT infrastructure, and IT Operations
implementation, and support with direct interaction with business users, preferably within a professional
- Knowledge in (Project Management methodologies).
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being
able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes (Microsoft Office, G Suite)
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual
Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to re-locate within the Middle East where the role dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.