Job description / Role
IFS - IT - PMO Lead - Senior Manager - Dubai
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Management Level: Senior Manager
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Project Management team collaborates with PwC practice leaders to develop and deliver technology solutions. We provide project management oversight and collaborate with various project resources and vendors to ensure the appropriate methodology is followed, deliverable quality is high, and satisfaction is achieved. Simply put, you'll solve business problems using technology, work with multiple teams concurrently, and be able to take pride in end to end ownership of a project.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in project management roles overseeing the delivery of technology solutions using tradition and agile methods for both onshore and offshore providers including the following areas:
• Help define and implement portfolio management (IT Project Governance) policies and processes to support fact-based decisions on investments into Information Technology projects
• Continuously improve the IT governance and planning capability for the IT function the City by integrating optimal ways of planning and organizing, acquiring and implementing, delivering and supporting, and monitoring IT (solutions) performance
• Build trusted and effective relationships working with project managers to ensure they deliver on-time, on-budget, on benefit and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues as required)
• Facilitate request intake and ideation process
• Apply knowledge of Project and Program Management to solve problems in unique and non-repetitive scenarios
• Utilizing project management tools such as Jira, DevOps, MS Project, and Excel . to monitor project status, sprints / milestones, resourcing, budget, actuals, ETC, EAC and related variances-
• Overseeing-Producing technology solution delivery for large projects/programs through a complete agile development lifecycle (backlog prioritization, sprint planning, tracking burn-down/velocity, etc.)
• Pursuing collaborative approach within team and vendor resources of a project
• Applying project management and agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals
• Influencing project team members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and to promote self-directed teams by enabling open, transparent and clear communications
• Leading strategic IT application and infrastructure projects or groups of smaller projects and working in large program environments
• Working collaboratively with team and vendor project resources on projects of a complex or mission critical nature
• Managing sponsor/customer expectations, and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software and IT infrastructure implementations
• Overseeing all SOW deliverables and reporting project costs and forecasts on a regularly scheduled basis to project leadership and making recommendations to improve project effectiveness
• Supervising internal and external project resources considering quality/acceptance of SOW deliverables internally and externally
• Collaboratively managing Sponsor/customer expectations and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software and IT infrastructure implementations
• Applying knowledge of the Firm to the Project Management activities to comply with Firm policies and standards
• Promoting the use of collaboration tools like Hangouts Meet, Web-ex, Google suite and team databases; using these to enhance team collaboration and communication
• Enhancing communications between teams using personal exchanges, teleconferences and video conference
• Arabic an advantage
• 8-10 years leading portfolios of projects
• Deep knowledge of ITIL processes and principles
• Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the business both locally and regionally
• Excellent leadership, team building and people management skills
• Proactive and organized with excellent time management and decision making skills
• Thorough with an eye for detail
• Passionate about client service
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.