Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Quality team manages Information Technology operational processes, including configurations, change management, and incident management and provides oversight to third party suppliers that deliver services for Information Technology operations.
The ME IT Operations Quality Leader is a key leadership role within ME IT and IT Operations. The main purpose of the IT Operations Quality Leader is to ensure that IT Operations delivers aligned, agile processes with consistent, high quality outcomes to meet the Middle East needs for IT Service Delivery.
The ME IT Operations Quality Leader is responsible for ensuring an end-to-end perspective is taken across all IT processes in the Operations Department and that interfaces between the Demand and Projects organisation are robust, outcome focused and of consistent quality.
You will be expected to play a leading role in IT alignment activities across the PwC network, in particular with the UK which may share a sourcing model with the ME but also with the PwC Network in Central & Eastern Europe and Africa to drive up quality and reduce costs of IT Service delivery.
The ME IT Operations Quality Leader manages the ITIL Community of Practice and ITIL Process leads within the IT function. Direct management of 1-2 Full Time resources
- Drive operational process excellence, with the intention of streamlining services and delivering internal cost benefits
- Drive improvement in customer orientated processes, including incident and problem
- Facilitate the Technology Function to deliver the best solutions for the business
- Own and deliver specific initiatives that cross Operations Towers, including Incident Management SLA measurement and governance
- Sponsor and deliver specific initiatives which analyse the IT Operations portfolio of work in order to reduce cycle time and risk profiles
- Act as escalation point for resource and priority contention for the pipeline of work into ME IT Operations
- The IT Operations Quality Leader is a key member of the ME IT Wider Leadership and IT Operations Leadership Teams and is expected to take a leading role in Continual Service improvement activities across the department to ensure that IT Service Delivery is aligned with PwC business requirements
- Ownership and governance of the cross tower ITIL processes; Change Management, Release & Deployment Management, Configuration Management, Operational Knowledge Management, Problem Management and Operations Continual Service Improvement
- Represent ME firm for all ITIL processes and tools alignment and synergy activities for Middle East, Central & Eastern Europe and PwC Africa designed to deliver IT cost or quality improvements based on ME strategic investments
- Ownership and management of quality assessments (Quality Monitoring, CoBIT and Lean IT measures) to benchmark effective and ineffective practices across IT Operations in general and within in-scope processes in particular
Learning & Growth
- Lead on knowledge management in ITIL framework
- Act as Subject Matter expert for ME IT on Continual Service Improvement, Quality Standards and mechanisms (including ISO27001, COBIT, Lean IT, ITIL etc) and interface with Internal & External Auditors
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Managers Qualification
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 10 years plus experience of continuous IT operations in large, demanding environments
- Extensive experience of People Management, coaching and mentoring
- Ability to manage and deliver against budget
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to lead and influence virtual teams. The job holder would need to develop and maintain effective working relationships across many other teams within ME/UK/Global IT.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- A ready willingness to take ownership of issues
- Strong leadership working skills. The job holder, as process owner, would need to guide various IT Suppliers.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge and confidence in working in a variety of technical environments.
- Professional attitude and approach `
- Excellent analytical skills
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.