Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing internal applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for PwC to drive strategic business growth.
We are looking for a tech focused individual with a strong understanding of MacOS, Office365, as well as extensive experience administering and understanding networking and specialist AV equipment. The perfect candidate for this role would be passionate about bringing the latest technology to the everyday work lives of the Dubai Exp. Centre Tech team, and improving staff and client experience in the EC through outstanding tech. Their role will include innovating using existing technology, as well as looking into the market to bring new forms of emerging tech into PwC EC.
- Understand, administer and maintain the AV equipment and AV infrastructure within the Experience Centre.
- Understand, administer and maintain the network infrastructure in the Experience Centre.
- Be the single point of contact for all tech issues in the Dubai EC and client meeting suite and work with the regional IT team to proactively implement upgrades to the space and people technology where needed.
- Support EC engagements in Dubai or around the region (limited travel may be required).
- This involves training people and offering solutions to ad hoc issues.
- Ensure all the team's technology is operational day to day, allowing the team to work efficiently
- Work with ME IT team to procure new technology items where required
- Catalog and manage all tech assets in the space and make sure that the team are aware of what technology is available for them to use and what technology is fit for what purpose.
- Build an understanding of the global PwC MacOS build and how to support it for the team.
- Maintain and manage the Mac fleet for the EC in Dubai
- Run regular L&D sessions to upskill the team on existing and new tech (including creating guides for the tech in the space)
- Take part in regular EC team meetings to provide tech updates shared from other centres and also any tech new relevant to the team. As well as contributing to the regular tech team meetings.
- Flexible working patterns
- Due to the nature of the work we need someone who is able to be flexible and offer support to the team when it is needed. (E.G When events are happening in the space they may require support outside the normal 9-5
- Connect with the EC team to plan for and anticipate tech needs for special events or client needs
- AV/IT equipment setup and deployment
- MacOS and Macbook hardware
- Windows10 software and Windows hardware
- iOS/Android, iPhone hardware
- Office365 and Microsoft Office suite
- Networking hardware and software
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.