Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career in Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility, within internal firm services, will provide you with the opportunity to support the firm in delivering positive social and environmental impact with measurable, long lasting results. You'll focus on coordinating and overseeing the organisation's, social impact and environmental stewardship activities as well as designing and implementing programmes to ensure the maintenance of a social licence to operate.
You will support the ME Board and other ME leadership in the execution of their duties with a focus on driving effective meetings. Whilst the role will be varied and fluid in its demands, there will be a focus on creating agendas, managing documents, writing minutes, managing actions whilst at all times ensuring robust compliance and governance.
The role will include reviewing systems, procedures and policy as well as reimagining new ways of working. The role will also involve supporting the Corporate Development team with ad hoc projects (as capacity allows and demand needs).
- Manage Board and 'other' meeting agendas.
- Creation and management of agenda documentation, minutes and action plans.
- Attendance at Board meetings (and other management meetings as defined).
- Responsible for process improvement in Board and meeting governance and compliance.
- Identifying and assessing new systems and processes to support.
- Ad hoc Board support as needed.
- Management and creation of communication and engagement tools to ensure effective Partner wide engagement as needed.
- Additional support on leadership projects as needed.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in management support or corporate governance/secretarial type role.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders in the business, recognising and meeting diverse needs and requests.
- Independent self starter, who enjoys organising leadership agendas.
- Interest in identifying and implementing change and improvements.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a self-motivated problem-solver.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under tight deadlines.
- Competent in Google tools - comfortable with slides, Google Sites, and G+.
- Strong attention to detail.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.