Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Ethics and Business Conduct - Practice Support practice, within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You'll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
Our team helps PwC develop and design effective compliance and ethics initiatives that help us proactively manage our ethics and compliance programmes. You'll assist through all stages of the compliance and ethics life cycle including compliance programme assessments, development and transformation, risk assessment, and industry regulatory compliance.
The Compliance and Ethics team operates across all lines of service. The team is responsible for ensuring that the firm complies with Network Compliance and Risk Management standards, and appropriately responds to compliance and ethics violations.
You will be assisting the Regional Ethics & Compliance team in the following activities:
Compliance and quality assurance reviews
- AML reviews
- Quality assurance reviews
- Testing in line with the firm's Ethics & Compliance testing program
- Regulatory assistance (monthly monitoring of regulatory developments and assisting with regulatory compliance related activities)
- Assist with training development and policy implementation
- Overall monitoring and reviewing of staff compliance with training requirements - new joiners and annual update training
- Internal webpage upgrade and maintenance
- Assist with Risk Management standards risk assessments and action plans
- System enhancements and updating a number of Risk & Quality systems
- Drafting of newsletters and communications
- Enhancements to the relationship checking process
- Lead on changes to the questionnaires and systems
Engagement Compliance Reviews (ECR)
- Assist the Project Manager on Engagement Compliance Reviews (ECRs) in the logistical planning and first hand assistance to the reviewers
- Complete the initial assessment for review of the project manager
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
- 2+ years of relevant experience or firm experience; preferably an internal transfer or having experience from a peer professional services firm.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented
- Organization skills
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical conduct
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative.
As a member of the Ethics & Compliance team, the staff member would be expected at a minimum to:
- Manage your own work and train other junior team members
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, and coach to help deliver results
- Proactively raise issues to improve effective team working
- Get involved in activities which help to strengthen the team functioning, internally and externally
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and take action to implement them
- Try out new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
- Process and assimilate complex data and information objectively to inform recommendations
- Test own and others' work for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Read situations and be sensitive to others, modifying behavior to build quality, diverse relationships
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.