Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
Job Description & Summary
The Tax Manager is a part of the IFS Firm Tax team which sits within ME OneFinance. The team supports on all levels of Tax and VAT activity, from compliance to reporting and structuring.
The Tax Manager is responsible for leading/directing tax special projects and priorities that fall within the vision for developing the Firm's regional tax strategy.
In order to achieve this, the Tax Manager coordinates with other business stakeholders to maintain a focus of transformational tax change that optimises PwC's ME tax position, manages tax risks and understands the
implications of complex cross border transactions within the operating model.
The role is supported by a wider Firm Tax team based in Dubai, Qatar and Beirut and works closely together with finance, legal, risk and tax specialists across the ME region.
- Assist in implementing a regional tax strategy that complies with local tax requirements, but which also considers the overarching tax position of PwC, particularly with respect to cross border transactions etc.
- Project manage tax special projects with a view to transformational change within One Finance.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders to implement specific tax function requirements.
- Analyse data to model tax outcomes and/or quantify tax risks within a complex operating environment.
- Can quickly assess a function's current status and is able to plan for and implement processes for continuous improvement.
- Advise IFS Tax Leader and internal stakeholders on the tax implications of structuring of transactions, keeping in mind local tax regulations and international tax best practice
- Responsible for providing tax advice on project/event based activity e.g. acquisitions, restructuring, financing, profit repatriation, inter-territory charges.
- Organize and conduct special analyses as required.
- Deliver internal reports to IFS Firm Tax Team Lead, flagging key risks, exposures and opportunities
- Consolidate, review, analyse and challenge all tax report inputs from LoS / local teams / other finance teams as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Tax Accountant or similar
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage
- 5+ years experience delivering tax services in a top tier professional services firm or in an internal tax function for a large multinational of which at least 2 years is in a people management role
- Experienced in advising on tax matters in a sophisticated tax jurisdiction, ME taxation an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
- High level of analytical and quantitative ability required to perform complex financial structuring and accounting and ad hoc reporting functions, including proficiency with computer based modelling and analytic techniques
- Ability to project manage with a view to transformational results
- Ability to develop and implement procedures, controls and policies with respect to new project implementation
- Excellent people management skills required including the ability to work effectively with a range of staff at different grades and having varied backgrounds and cultures
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to effectively work with professional resources in financial and legal areas
- Ethical conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.