Job description / Role
IFS - UAE Nationals - Procurement Associate - Abu Dhabi
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Procurement, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and manage the procurement of all goods and services required by PwC for operational and strategic purposes. As a part of the team, you'll assist in developing our standard practices and compliance infrastructure, managing relationships for both internal clients and suppliers to aid in the strategic selection of suppliers, supplier diversity, and contract negotiations.
Procurement sits within the centralised Finance Function and is managed by the Director of Procurement, the team is responsible for the development of procurement processes, procedures, strategy development, implementation/administration of procurement activities, optimisation of procurement spend via category management, as well as supporting the operational aspects of the agreement with the operations team and spend.
The Procurement Officer reports to the Procurement Category Lead and is responsible for supporting the optimisation of the category spend within the operating procurement business stream. The team is the primary point of contact for cost review, optimisation analysis, tendering, contract review and negotiation with key vendors across all spend categories.
Follow procurement strategy set by team leadership, focusing on high opportunity areas of spend, and identifying challenging procurement spend savings across the business
- Assist the Procurement Category Lead with the management of category spend, defining category strategies, working to optimise the contract terms, costing and quality of services delivered. Reviewing vendor performance and benchmarking across the region.
- Supports the RFI / RFP processes within the spend categories, including creation of scopes of work, technical and commercial evaluation, recommendation and facilitation of sign off with key stakeholders
- Reviews contract terms and recommends amendments that support the position of / benefits PwC , particularly strategies for financial negotiations for all significant areas of spend, with aim of achieving year on year reductions in like for like spend
- Personally embody company culture of long-term saving on procurement costs, drive ethos of regionalisation / centralisation of procurement spend and contracts e.g. Regional Frame agreements
- Log savings achieved across the procurement categories
- Ensure accurate capture of procurement data to feed into Finance Systems e.g. LPOs etc, ensuring meaningful and accurate data is collected, reconciled and managed appropriately
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field required
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- No experience in a procurement function
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Procurement principles
- Knowledge of implementing cost improvements
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to work within a team and develop excellent relationships with co-workers
- Knowledge of the tender evaluation process
- Ability to adhere to and implement corporate procurement policies
- Negotiation skills and assertiveness in dealing with external vendors
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions
- Strong customer service orientation
- Organisation, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills andproactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.