Job description / Role
Requirement for implementation engineer - Enterprise resource specifically skilled in the detailed design, build, implementation and turnover to production of:
Enterprise IT systems and technologies e.g.
- Microsoft products
- VMware products
- Networking products
- Data center technologies
- x86 servers
- Software Defined Networking, Software Defined Data Center
Role and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical capability, with at least 3 years in a technical role, preferably working for an IT Services or Systems Integration organisation
- Good degree level qualification in an Computer Science or related field
- Experience of rack and device installations to best practice standards.
- Manages implementation tasks, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Leads the technical implementation for complex technical projects involving participants from multiple areas of the company or vendors
- Demonstrable experience of involvement within medium to large-scale project driven implementations
- Technical deployment understanding of troubleshooting methodologies, steps, and tools
- Experience of mentoring, training and teaching operational support personnel
- A mind-set and desire to confidently hand over into operational support with pride. Technical deployment expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, acting as a vendor liaison, work closely with Senior Implementation Engineers and peers.
- Maintains and evangelises strong values of integrity, commitment, and self-improvement to self and others
Candidates must be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of installation and configuration in three or more of the following core technologies:
- Azure Stack
- Windows Server 2016+
- Windows Clustering
- Active Directory 2016+
- Exchange 2016+
- SharePoint 2016+
- Microsoft SCCM / SCOM / SCVMM
- VMware vSphere
- vRealize Suite
- RedHat KVM
- Storage, Backup
Must be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Integration with eco-systems such as:
- Identity access management
- Privileged access management
- Log management
- Security hardening of Windows and Linux OS
- Enterprise IT ecosystem security best practices
- Server hardware e.g. Cisco UCS, Dell, HPE
- Scripting: PowerShell, bash, python etc
- Microsoft: MCSE Minimum, Azure Architect preferred
- VMware VCP Minimum, VCAP preferred
- Cisco: CCNA Minimum, CCNP preferred
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.