Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
Requirement for implementation engineer resources specifically skilled in the detailed design, build, implementation and turnover to production of:
- Network and Security
Generic Role and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical capability, with at least 2 years in a technical role, preferably working for an IT Services or Systems Integration organisation
- Good degree level qualification in an Computer Science or related field
- Experience of security and network device installations to best practice standards.
- Manages implementation tasks, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Leads the technical implementation for complex technical projects involving participants from multiple areas of the company or vendors
- Demonstrable experience of involvement within medium to large-scale project driven implementations
- Technical deployment understanding of troubleshooting methodologies, steps, and tools
- Experience of mentoring, training and teaching operational support personnel
- A mind-set and desire to confidently hand over into operational support with pride. Technical deployment expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, acting as a vendor liaison, work closely with Senior Implementation Engineers and peers.
- Maintains and evangelises strong values of integrity, commitment, and self-improvement to self and others
Candidates must be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of installation and configuration in one or more of the following core technologies:
- Network Technologies (switching and routing deployments)
- Security Technologies such as:
- Next-gen Firewalls
- Content filtering
- Load balancing
- Log services
- Secure Email gateways
- Desirable experience with SDN e.g. NSX, ACI
- Familiar with the machine learning concepts and products such as StealthWatch
Must be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Integration with ecosystems such as monitoring, identity management, log management, storage, networking, virtualisation
- Security hardening of Network devices
- Server hardware e.g. Cisco UCS, Dell
- Scripting: bash, perl or python
- Routing and Switching: CCIE R&S minimum
- Security: CCNP - Security or Palo Alto PCNSE minimum, CCIE Security desirable
- CCNP - Data Center desirable
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true. At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Service Desk Senior Analyst
Network and Security Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||9 May|
Senior Network Engineer
A Leading Group Of Companies In The UAE.
|Al Ain||31 Mar|