Job description / Role
Requirement for implementation engineer resources specifically skilled in the detailed design, build, implementation and turnover to production of either:
Role and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical capability, with at least 2 years in a technical role, preferably working for an IT Services or Systems Integration organisation
- Good degree level qualification in an Computer Science or related field
- Experience of rack and device installations to best practice standards.
- Manages implementation tasks, with attention to detail and while under pressure
- Leads the technical implementation for complex technical projects involving participants from multiple areas of the company or vendors
- Demonstrable experience of involvement within medium to large-scale project driven implementations
- Technical deployment understanding of troubleshooting methodologies, steps, and tools
- Experience of mentoring, training and teaching operational support personnel
- A mind-set and desire to confidently hand over into operational support with pride. Technical deployment expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing technical documentation, acting as a vendor liaison, work closely with Senior Implementation Engineers and peers.
- Maintains and evangelises strong values of integrity, commitment, and self-improvement to self and others
Candidates must be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of installation and configuration in one or more of the following core technologies:
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vCenter/PSC
- vRealize Suite
- Server Hardware
Nice to have
- RedHat KVM
- Windows Server
- Networking/Software Defined Networking
- Storage, Backup
Must be able to demonstrate experience with
- Integration with eco-systems such as monitoring, identity management, log management, storage, networking, data center management tools
- Security hardening of ESXi/vSphere
- Security hardening of Windows OS
- Server hardware e.g. Cisco UCS, Dell
- Scripting: PowerShell, bash, python
- VMware VCP-DCV minimum, VCIX-DCV preferred
- Microsoft: MCSA or RedHat RHCSA minumum
- Cisco CCNA - Data Center nice to have
- RedHat RHSCA - Openstack nice to have
- VMware VCP-NV nice to have
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.