Job description / Role
• Advising our corporate, trade finance, private banking and treasury department in respect of pre contractual documents such as advisory or financing mandates , confidentiality agreements, term sheets letter of intent and commitment letters.
• Assisting in negotiating and drafting legal documentation relevant to conventional financing and highlighting any associated legal risks on such transactions.
• Assisting in standardizing contracts, developing standard agreements and contributing to the approval of new activities and products, complex and cross border transactions (with emphasis on corporate financing and trade finance)
• Preparing, reviewing , drafting, and negotiating legal documentation in relation to bank's day to day operations and activities, including tenancy Agreements , employment contracts, various service contracts, etc.
• Instructing , coordinating , managing, and liaising with extern legal counsel appointed by the bank in respect of financing transactions.
• Assisting in litigation procedures.
• Developing awareness and training programs on legal risk aspects for the bank employees.
• Assisting in preparing procedures, policies and /or memorandum ,as and when required.
• Advising on various legal issues and documentation related to transaction in the Middle East.
• Reviewing Contract and commercial claim drafting and support.
• Providing advice about debt collection, pre litigation disputes and litigation.
• Liaising with external law firms as required.
• Degree level in law with commercial /business or related.
• 3+ years of relevant experience within the legal industry
• Well known with common law regulations and jurisdiction.
• fluency in English with Good communication and writing skills, Can speak Chinese (Preferred)
• Detail oriented with high attention to quality.
• Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
About the Company
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. (ICBC) is China's largest bank and the largest bank in the world. It is one of China's "Big Four" state-owned commercial banks (the other three being the Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, and China Construction Bank). It is the largest bank in the world in terms of market value, the world's largest bank by deposits, and the world's most profitable bank.
In October 2008, the opening of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Middle East) Limited ( regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority) allows ICBC to become the pioneer among the Chinese financial institutions for the Middle East market. With strong support from its Head Office located in Beijing, ICBC Middle East support the financial needs of the UAE and the Middle East area, provide a comprehensive international trade,overseas financing against domestic support, project finance, clearing and settlement, and a series of financial services, become a link of economic and trade exchanges between China and Middle region.