Job description / Role
- Position: In House Translator cum Paralegal
- Reporting to: Lawyer
- Duration: Permanent Position
- Working Hours: Sunday - Thursday 9:00-18:00
- Assists in the preparation of patent evaluation reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Keeps records and maintains a database of documents as they are translated and evaluated.
- Assists in the understanding of the nuances of translated documents by investigating and understanding unfamiliar definitions and terms.
- Reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation.
- Proofreading and editing final translated and edited documents.
- Providing grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document.
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines.
- Technical knowledge of electronic communications systems a plus (audio, video, intercom, telephony).
- Very good skills in MS Word, Excel, and excellent ability to perform web searches.
- Soft Skills and Personality traits: Excellent communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week during normal business hours
- University Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- Nature and length of previous experience: 2 years prior experience as Legal Translator
- Language Fluency: English and Arabic
- Current Location: UAE
- Nationality Preference: Any nationality
About the Company
The Ziad Galadari Group is one of the UAE’s largest and most respected privately owned companies. Strong leadership and sustainable funding has allowed it to grow into one of the largest investment, trading, transporting, engineering, real estate and catering conglomerates in the UAE. With headquarters in Dubai, it now has more diverse operations in industrial and business fields than almost any other similar group in the region.
The family name has been a fixture in the UAE business community since the 1960’s but it has been Ziad Galadari who has developed his group the furthest, currently diversifying into 32 major companies, some of which rank among the largest and most active in the region.