In-Room Dining Order Taker
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
In-Room Dining Order Taker
Are you ambitious, creative and love interacting with people? We are looking for an In-Room Dining Order Taker who can create a magnifique dining experience to our valued guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for answering all telephone calls and prioritizing said calls.
- Directly involved in the order taking and order placing process while dealing with guest requests and orders, courteously, efficiently and promptly.
- Consider the satisfaction of all guests by ensuring prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Display excellent conversation skills and selling techniques at all times.
- Write down all information's clearly. Highlight special requests.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Ensure correct posting in POS system for communication to the service and kitchen department.
- Coordinate with In-room dining waiter/waitress, captains and minibar attendant.
- Promptly handle guest queries, complaints and all issues in a professional manner.
- Ensure proper handover is given to the next shift and also to the IRD manager.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned, as well as offering alternatives or suggestions to guests.
Your experience and skills include:
- Preferably 1 to 2 years' experience in similar role in a full service hotel .
- Ability to communicate with the guests and anticipate their needs.
- Profound knowledge of customer service and of all beverage products and services.
- Good telephone etiquettes.
- Should be able to provide recommendations and suggestions to guests upon request.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive personality.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.