Job description / Role
Position : In Room Dining Order Taker - Arabic Speaker
Department : Food & Beverage
Reports to : In Room Dining Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide prompt and courteous F&B service to the Hotel's guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update white board daily (AM).
- Prepare daily cashiering forms and operational forms.
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper Accounting procedures.
- Complete knowledge of menus / lists, and up-to-date information about specialities and menus.
- Regular check with culinary team for non availability items.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and efficiently, using the correct greeting.
- Carry out correct order taking procedures with recommendations to the guest.
- Seize opportunity to up sell IRD food and beverage products.
- Carry out proper cashiering procedures as set by Raffles Hotels & Resorts standards.
- The ability to maintain a clean, neat and orderly order taker cabin throughout service.
- Correct preparation of all necessary operational material in the order taker cabin and in the pantry areas.
- Reporting of any guest comments to the superior, completing guest preference sheet.
- Conscientious handling of operating equipment and maintaining the department in a clean and tidy condition.
- Will write beverage storeroom requisition for approval by IRD Manager.
- To communicate to both internal and external customers in a polite, courteous and constructive manner.
- Learning of safety, sanitation and hygiene policies.
- Participation in internal training and necessary meetings.
- To maintain good working relationship with own colleagues, and all other departments.
- To actively promote the services and facilities of Raffles Dubai and Raffles Hotels to guests and suppliers of the Hotel.
- Report to manager any kinds of deviation from set standard and procedures.
- To ensure amenities are send to the room in according rooming list & Raffles standard.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Follow Raffles Dubai telephone standard.
- To control & maintain delivery timing within Raffles Dubai standard.
- Arabic speaker
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Able to account and handle cash effectively and efficiently
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Basic F&B product knowledge with a focus on beverage
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Secondary education
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience
- Previous public contact and/or cashiering experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.