Job description / Role
Amazon is looking for a talented, smart, and enthusiastic leader to manage planning, operations and project management for one of its fastest growing category. The Instock Manager will join a high-powered, fun, and collegial work environment. The Instock Manager will oversee planning and inventory management of the category as well as driving analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability and health. Additionally, the Instock Manager will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and process improvement within retail & operations.
• Manage inventory availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock, inventory planning, vendor operational improvement (efficiency, fill rates, lead times), systematic forecasting, efficiency improvement with vendors and within the fulfillment centers
• Partner with vendor managers and marketing managers in driving sales and profitability growth
• Work on key system inputs to achieve highly automated replenishment
• Work with various internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflows
• Drive complex business analysis that to identify business opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability
• Drive cross-functional system and process improvement projects
• MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
• Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Detail oriented
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
• 5+ years experience in operations, IT, retail, consulting and/or finance, with history of owning/driving results
• Experience leading process improvement, systems development, and project management
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software (SAS/Matlab/R).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.