Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn’t create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals – and beyond. It’s an exciting journey we’re on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: In Store Visual Merchandiser - D&G
You will be responsible for organising and deploying high quality visual merchandising across the market. The job holder is also responsible for guiding the in-store teams, as well as ensuring the consistency of standards.
What you will do:
• Follow all relevant Visual Merchandising policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Implement activities under close supervision
• Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
• Implement high quality visual merchandising strategy and presentations through seasonal event calendar and brand guidelines
• Coach and build strong relations with Sales Executives/ VM Ambassador and Senior Sales Executives, so that they can help maintain display
• Measure the impact of merchandising action plans and issue weekly report to the Area Visual Merchandising Manager with photographs, comments and measurements of sales impact
• Follow and implement brand seasonal VM guidelines
• Attend Brand training events and workshops
• Support the management of internal brand events
• Install window and in store animations, design events and campaigns in line with the global marketing and event calendars
• Conduct regular store and market visits to check adherence to Brand standards and report back to the Area Visual Merchandising Manager
• Stay up to date with brand activities and external competitor activities
• New Launches:
• Define the implementation in store for all launches/animations
• Produce the visuals, in coordination with the graphic designer
• Order POS tools from the Brand headquarters and/or produce locally
• Review the merchandising plan linked to launches
• Prepare and/or adapt the window displays
• Communicate the merchandising guidelines to the stores and follow-up on installation
• Permanent Merchandising:
• Ensure merchandising levels in the store are met as per the Brand’s guidelines
• Maintain updated order form for merchandising elements and ensure dispatch as per the needs
• Ensure maximum shelf visibility
• Follow the performance of the ranges and categories, and adjust the merchandising if necessary
• Propose any merchandising amendments enabling an optimization of the turnover by m²
• Manage new projects merchandising in coordination with the Marketing team (order and implementation)
• Review and implement the updated merchandising plans in the existing stores
• Develop new tools in coordination with the brand’s management to improve and increase productivity and efficiency.
• Implement new store concept whenever needed
• New Store Openings:
• Work on the planograms for new store openings
• Work on the floor plans and zoning of the new stores
• Determine and order the store merchandising elements and small furniture/decoration
• Define the proper shelf merchandising of the products
• Work in coordination with logistics to ensure the dispatch of the PLV furniture
• Define the minimum merchandising for all new launches
• Communicate with retail manager of out of stock situations
• Communicate with retail manager of impact of new merchandising on sales
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content. More specifically, we would like to hear from you if you can say yes to the below…
• University Degree in Arts, Advertising, Marketing or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
• Team Player
• Print Design and Layout
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
Job Segment: Merchandising, Advertising, Retail, Marketing
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.