Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar& Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joiede Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Partof the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Income Auditor, and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To ensure timely and accurate accountability of all daily revenues received by the Hotel; ensure compliance of operational procedures; maintain subsidiary records of various General Ledger Accounts to provide detailed analysis for audit and tax purposes.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions
- Must have a commitment to follow all local corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Income Audit.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Prepare and ensure Daily Flash Report is timely and accurate as per policy.
- Ensure that banquet department's revenue postings are correct by reconciling the banquet "Event short list" report which is provided by the Banquets manager on a daily basis.
- Follow-up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify the balance of all interface postings to ensure all revenues have been posted.
- Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Income journal daily
- Review housekeeping discrepancy reports and file in the daily operations package.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs and miscellaneous charges to the PMS.
- Ensure all miscellaneous/allowance/paid/house charges are approved and complete with adequate explanations
- Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate back up information.
- F&B void reports to be filed in the daily operations package.
- Verify all negative postings, all rate variances, and all F&B Discount reports.
- Negative posting report should be filed in the daily operations package.
- Prepare extension wise telephone reports and submit to all departments to review.
- Make sure all departments return the checked reports.
- Ensure that all credit card transactions are recorded correctly and payments are allocated using the corporate reconciliation template.
- Handling of credit card reconciliation discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Handling promptly all guest issues and disputes, including credit card inquiries and charge backs.
- Make the appropriate corrections as required after obtaining the Director of Finance's approval.
- Review of No-Show reports and to ensure that all "chargeable" No Shows has been charged.
- No show report is retained with the daily operations package.
- Review foreign currency rate changes for accuracy and file in daily operations package.
Prepare and maintain:
- To ensure comp & entertainment checks are properly accounted for and name of guest and purpose of entertainment are indicated
- Ensure sale of gift certificates is properly accounted for and utilization of gift vouchers is administered accurately
- To assist the General Cashier in performing surprise float counts
- Completing various reports as required by management depending on the needs of the hotel operations.
- Completing various other tasks and duties as required by management
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Physically fit
- Neat appearance
- Displays initiative and good follow-up skills
- Team player
- Customer/people oriented
- Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of OPERA, MICROS, & cashiering functions.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years experience with at least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in a hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.