Job description / Role
Income Auditor/General Cashier
To verify the daily work prepared by the Night Audit staff, to supervise the day to day activities of Night Audit and to perform any other audit functions as defined in the Company's policies and procedures.
Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor is a newly-opened 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 121 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format.
- Completing various management reports as required by accounting management depending on the needs of hotel operations.
- Completing various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
- Ensure that the banquet department's revenue postings are correct and follow up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify and reconcile all revenue centres as reported in the Income Journal daily.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management System.
- Review Housekeeping discrepancy report.
- Monitor rebates, allowances, house charges, and paid out amounts to ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
- Review telephone charges from in-house administration.
- Review F&B voids to verify authorization and adequate backup information.
- Balance the Property Management telephone postings with the call accounting system's summary of guest charges.
- Reconcile banquet orders with all banquet guest checks.
- Review the night audits's balance of the food and beverage revenue against the food and beverage point of sales system.
- Review the balance of all miscellaneous revenues such as laundry, telephone, movies, and garage departments.
- Reconcile guest ledger, the accounts receivable, and advanced deposits. As well, the Income Auditor must prepare and record daily revenue entry or 15 day revenue summary report and generate a statistical report on the mix of sales.
- Income Journal: using a secure environment and getting a daily sign off on balanced position by Assistant Controller.
- Cash Receipts Journal
- A/R Adjustment Journal
- Assist with month end closing and subsequent analysis of bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts as directed by the Assistant Controller.
- Ensure that all service charges (Banquet, Room Service etc.,) paid are inline with net receipts on pay period basis.
- Approve invoices for all miscellaneous guest charges, after ensuring that guest charges were processed regularly.
- Maintain sequential control for Banquet cheques and outlet cheques.
- 3-5 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships
- with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.