Job description / Role
To identify, plan, manage & execute specific Purchase Category and Procurement projects as directed by the Procurement Manager. This includes utilizing various resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and internal departments in order to deliver projects according to plan, timescale & budgetary targets.
A leading multinational with globalized procurement based in the U.A.E
Manage & deliver Procurement projects as identified by the Procurement Manager
• Align with Global buyers to identify Group opportunities
• Define clear project scope, targets, success criteria and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential blocks, and produce contingency plans
• Clearly & timely communication of project plans & deliverables to team members and the management team as appropriate· Instigate, negotiate, draft and/or manage the development of supplier contracts as required
• Develop the use of best practices and tools for execution and management of workload as appropriate
• Monitor trends in spend data, assist Group Companies with budgeting and recommend areas for added value from a Global perspective.
• Obtain required approvals and alignment from all parties prior to company awarding a contract to ensure proper governance of procurement and contracts policies and procedures.
• Assist during the tender evaluation process by providing procurement and contract advice and support in order to facilitate the final selection of suppliers.
• Assist in the development of standard templates and formats on contract issuance and provide necessary recommendations in order to ensure timely and accurate development of documents.
• Review existing contracts and identify opportunities for improved value for money in order to optimize costs and maintain the best interests of the organization.
• Manage the analysis and monitoring of market intelligence including price benchmarking to ensure the Company maintains optimal deals on all goods and services procured.
• Ensure the identification and monitoring of key spending areas and prioritization of purchasing activities and categories in order to obtain cost-saving opportunities for the organization.
• An exciting, hands-on role with large spend management fo
r a truly global MNC
• Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to gathering, analyzing and presenting to management.
• Ability to be flexible and consider the cultural challenges faced by a business with a Global presence.
• 3-5 years have experience in Global Sourcing with previous experience in Plant and Machinery Capex and Indirect purchases.
• Ability to discuss and understand the technical requirements of the equipment and be comfortable communicating with engineers, production managers and other internal stakeholders.
• Have a good understanding of the Total Cost of Ownership of Capex equipment and therefore be able to discuss and negotiate favorable after sales service level agreements including warranties, spare parts purchase and inventory control and labor rates.
• Have experience in supporting the annual Capex and Indirect budget and advising internal stakeholders about market changes, advances and opportunities and therefore be considered as the company expert for the category handled.
• Be a strategic thinker but also have the ability to work and support operational procurement, think out of Box innovative ideas to provide value added savings in addition the cost savings achieved.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.