Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Indirect Taxes - Tax Disputes Manager (VAT and Excise Tax) - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Middle East Indirect Tax practice, based in Dubai, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with preventing, managing and resolving tax disputes with the tax authorities.
The PwC team has extensive experience working with tax authorities in the region and globally, with a thorough understanding of tax audit approach, tax assessment methodology and penalty regime application. Our team helps clients through the various interactions with the tax authorities, from the preliminary stages of filing a tax clarification request, during a tax audit and up to filing an objection or appeal.
You'll support our clients with all aspects of audit readiness, voluntary disclosure and clarifications requests, assistance during tax audit and formalities of drafting and submitting a reconsideration and appeal letters to the relevant authorities.
Please apply if the above required Job Requirements are satisfied.
Role Main Responsibilities:
This role supports the wider tax function within the indirect tax business unit, along with large-scale, cross-functional business process reviews. In this regard, successful candidates must be able to demonstrate professional experience and/or a proven record of success with regards to the following:
- Advanced knowledge about the tax litigation system and underlying procedures in the GCC, mainly the UAE.
- Developed understanding of the UAE tax administrative penalties and application in different scenarios.
- Guiding clients to understand their rights, available options for tax litigation and the processes involved for the resolution of their disputes.
- Supporting clients to proactively manage their tax controversy in the most efficient manner and guide them through complex tax audits conducted until the tax audit closure.
- Assisting clients throughout the appeal process from preparing reconsideration/waiver letters to the tax authorities and appeals to Committees and Courts, both in Arabic and English.
- Hands on experience dealing with legal counsels and coordinating with them throughout the appeal process with Committees and Courts.
- Advising clients on the tax controversy service offerings and ability to develop client relationships and driving new business opportunities.
- Possessing business knowledge and effective ways on managing tax litigation and controversy, creating values for clients.
- Providing high quality service deliverables while maintaining budgetary and time constraints.
General Role Responsibilities:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Interpersonal and team working skills.
- Demonstrable relationship building skills.
- Familiar with digital automation and transformation tools.
- Ability to operate with a mindset that transcends cultural boundaries.
- Ability to train junior staff members promoting a learning culture.
- Be part of and contribute to the engaging working environment.
As a Manager in our regional team, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in the area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- 5-6 years experience in indirect taxes (VAT and Excise Tax) with a reputable tax consultancy firm (preferably Big4).
- Specialist knowledge and experience with tax disputes and litigations is a must.
- Arabic fluency is a must.
- Regional GCC VAT experience is a plus.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.