Job description / Role
Fortes Education has been a leading education provider in the UAE for over four decades with premium international schools and nurseries that have experienced outstanding success and growth. Our schools offer the most innovative and character-building education in the entire Middle East region.
Our core ethos and philosophy of education is Positive Education (PosEd). Through PosEd, our schools foster active engagement in learning, celebrating character strengths and accomplishments. We encourage children to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.?We enable children to become happy learners and develop into innovative thinkers, confident young adults, and life-long learners. Children develop resilience, a growth mindset and deep character strengths that allow them to flourish in an ever-changing world.?
About Sunmarke School - Where Amazing Happens
Sunmarke School provides an ambitious and inspiring, values-based education that nurtures the hearts and minds of students so that they can flourish and achieve their dreams. Powered by our unique signature programs, Sunmarke is a uniquely innovative school transforming young lives.
Sunmarke is an all-through school which offers a premium education across a fantastic range of pathways for students including the National Curriculum of England, GCSE/IGCSE, 'A' Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes. We also offer a suite of Signature Programmes unrivalled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability Studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilise cutting-edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support sustainability in future terrains. Our world-class STEAM centre offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real-world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. We run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy, to ensure their future success in business and entrepreneurship. We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice. Sunmarke School was judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a 'Very Good' school in our 3rd year of operation and 'Outstanding' in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in 2019.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to "outstanding". Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle.
We seek to appoint Individual Needs Support Assistants to join our team in August 2023.
The role involves small group and 1:1 learning support for literacy, mathematics, motor skills, and/or language. The Individual Needs Support Assistant will support the teachers in enhancing the effective involvement of pupils with SEND and/or learning barriers in their
academic and social development.
- Plan and implement activities to support the IEP targets, follow structured literacy intervention programmes, and report professionally on the student's progress and outcomes when communicating with parents and teachers.
- Provide in-class support in lessons, to facilitate successful access to differentiated learning,
- Work alongside teachers and other staff to support pupils' learning, especially those with SEND or a learning barrier.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement, under the guidance of teachers.
- Monitor, maintain & review records of pupil progress over time and support teachers to plan subsequent learning based on their needs.
- Maintaining the learning environment and developing appropriate resources for students.
- Apply strategies to promote pupils' self-esteem, self-confidence, and independence
- Work as part of the Inclusion Team, accessing relevant training and attending parent review meetings where necessary.
- Candidate should have a GCSE in English, or equivalent, and be a proficient communicator in spoken and written English.
- Should have a relevant qualification and/or proof of completed trainings in education, special educational needs.
- Prior experience in working in a support role in a school setting.
- Working hours are from 7 am - 4.30 pm.
- Strong work ethic along with a commitment to staff and student privacy.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of inclusive pedagogies will be an advantage
- Knowledge of SEND will be an advantage
- This is a local contract with no additional benefits other than all school holidays as per the academic calendar.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.
Application Closing Date: 6 th April 2023
Appointment Start Date: Mid-Aug 2023
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.
About the Company
Fortes Education is made up of a caring and committed educators and innovators who seek to improve education in the UAE and Middle East region through the establishment of innovative schools and enlightened education programs that help students realise their potential.
We are able to deliver and accomplish our goals through a management team trained in education and business, a dedicated and large team of teachers, educators, and school administration staff, our research-based school curricula, achievement based educational systems, intensive professional development, extended learning programs, cutting world class educational facilities and cutting edge technologies.
Fortes has a strong leadership team that combines business and education expertise from around the globe. We work closely with the local government authorities to improve the standards of education and to make quality education more accessible to the broader community.