Job description / Role
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in the development of various sub-assemblies (Electronics, mechanics, RF) of the product, with the local team in UAE, and with the several local suppliers.
- To represent the Industrialization and the industry process locally, and establish a permanent link with the French production team.
- Define the applicable industrialization requirements in order to prepare production prototypes and mass production for the project.
- To pilot at each stage of the development, the measurement of the serial RC (Recurring Cost) in order to meet the serial RC objective.
- Follow industrialization activities also for the test means and tools.
- To implement the industrial strategy upstream of the program (maturity, upstream test means, integration of series constraints, Control and Lean Test Plan), in connection with France and with the local product entities.
- Identify and implement breakdowns and innovations and continuously improve competitiveness and performance.
- Manage the supply chain in the upstream phase/ prototype / First of Class with the permanent objective of preparing the mass production.
- To provide an efficient interface with various departments and provide support to all key staff members and design all strategies.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of proven experience in relevant industrial engineering (RF and Electronics Production).
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- 3+ years of proven experience in production logistics.
- Experience in industrialization and work package management in the industrial development field.
- Knowledge of the development & industrialization processes.
- Good knowledge of industrial production requirements.
- Know how to work functionally as a multi-business team.
- Experience Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics.
QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
- French language is an asset.
- Proven management skills.
- Industrialization & Industrial Skills.
- Comfort with and ability to grasp technical data and communicate to a broad range of technical people. On the other hand, be able to translate technical requirements to non-technical people.
- Highly organized. Manage multiple tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Lean Management Tools.
- Supply chain & Supplier performance monitoring.
- Team leading skills.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Logistics Coordinator for a Logistics Solutions Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||25 Aug|
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|