Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Support the regional industry business to grow sales pipeline and engage with our customers to secure revenue. Focus on adopting standardized approaches for value-based sales activities in Professional Services and/or FSI industries. Support the development of pipeline build strategies and scale initiatives resulting in increased industry pipeline, revenue, and elevation of SAP's leadership position in partnership with sales and the Virtual Account Team.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Industry Advisor Expert provides senior strategic sales cycle support on relevant solutions for the industry. Responsible for demand generation, industry pipeline build strategies and development of scale initiatives resulting in increased industry pipeline, revenue and in elevating SAP's leadership position in the industry segment.
Strategy - Industry & GTM Planning
- Guide and lead the development of Industry business plan aligned with Sales leadership and Industry Business Unit
- Provide guidance to Enable/Industrialize Sales, Marketing, Inside Sales and the broader Virtual Account Teams
- Influence and "Industrialize" SAP Partners and oversee engagements
- Guide the development of industry relevant account strategies working with sales teams
- Collaborate and execute with Marketing on Events, Social and Digital plans to develop leads leveraging new content, benchmarking, tools available
- Present at industry and customer conferences
Business Development / Demand Acceleration
- Oversee and lead early stage customer executive meetings
- Oversee industry relevant customer engagements to nurture opportunities
Customer Engagement to Deliver Revenue
- Work as part of one Virtual Account Team to jointly develop and refine customer deliverables to incorporate industry relevance and SAP differentiated value proposition
Insights / Practice Development
- Guide thought leadership development, practice development project for key line of business buying centers in Professional Services and/or FSI industries
- Establish and nurture senior customer executive relationship to develop customer reference stories to showcase value metrics relevant to the Industry
- 12+ years of professional experience in Sales / Consulting / Industry Solutions in the Professional Services and/or FSI Industries including minimum 4 years of management consulting experience with leading international firms or 5 + years of Value Engineering experience and/or industry / solution segment
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process/technology integration issues
- SAP product experience and/or prior relevant industry/solutions experience.
- Viewed as industry/ solutions expert across SAP, capable of leveraging an extensive network on behalf of SAP resulting in pipeline and revenue growth.
- Experience with IT / business alignment issues.
- Experience with executive interview techniques
- Experience in design and facilitation of executive workshops aligning diverse perspectives and expectations.
- Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Strong experience with business case creation, analysis, and research.
- Advanced knowledge of value selling methodology & processes, opportunities, value chain and ecosystem analyses experience.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in the language of one or more EMEA South local markets desirable.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree required from accredited university preferred
Expected Travel: 0 - 40%
Additional Locations: Anywhere in the EMEA South region
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.