Job description / Role
• Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
• Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
• Identify IT security gaps, vulnerabilities in systems, networks, and applications and work with appropriate stakeholders to close the gaps.
• Ensure industry standard practices are followed across various IT areas such as network security, server security, application security, end device security and forensic investigations.
• Implement security improvements by assessing current environment; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Create, maintain, and enforce the university’s security documents (policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures).
• Oversee the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best practices.
• Improve the information security culture of the university through training and awareness.
• Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
• Upgrade systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
• Keep users informed by preparing performance reports, communicating system status.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
• Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the university’s existing procurement processes.
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through workstations, servers, and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
• Engage in ongoing communications with peers in Infrastructure and Application teams as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster cooperation.
• Work with technical and business units to review and validate disaster recovery plans.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, IT security or a related field.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• A master’s degree in a related field or certificates in related technology
• Required Experience:
• 5 years plus of relevant working experience in IT Security
• 2 or more years of experience in higher education
• Required Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• In-depth working knowledge of: (1) Information Security including network, systems, application, information security; (2) IT Forensic investigations; (3) IT technical architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and (4) Information Security Policy. development and enforcement.
• Understanding of the UAE Cybersecurity laws and their applicability in higher education.
• Highly developed people and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to respect privacy and confidentiality.
• Strong project and vendor management skills.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills in English.
• Ability to do physical labor.
Preferred Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Information Security Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, CISM, Security+.
• Familiarity with common security frameworks and standards, including NIST Framework, ISO 27000, CIS CSC, PCI DSS.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
IT Support Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Nov|
L1 Desktop Support Engineer
IT Support Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||14 Dec|
IT Help Desk Suport