Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known international ICT company, is currently looking for an Information Security Officer which will be based in UAE. In this role, you will be you will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Security and Governance. Additionally, you will be involved in monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies, keeping abreast of developments in IT security standards & threats, performing penetration tests to identify flaws and collaborating with management & the IT department to improve security.
• Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
• Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
• Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies.
• Keeping abreast of developments in IT security standards and threats.
• Performing penetration tests to find any flaws.
• Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
• Documenting any security breaches and assessing their damage.
• Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
• Defining performance goals, identifying training and development requirements and strive to achieve the highest level of proficiency on all competencies and skills required to perform the role.
• Stimulating the team and contributing to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the Department’s system, processes and practices while considering international best practice, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Security and Environment
• Act in accordance and strictly abide with the security policies, procedures and controls specifically related to sharing of information.
• Act in accordance with the Company Code Business Conduct and Ethics and escalate any instances of violation in a timely manner to guarantee the safeguard of the Company information and a responsible environment attitude.
• To strictly abide with the Company policies and procedures as well as functions within the delegation of authority and boundaries of the Department governance framework.
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following requirements,
• Degree in Computer Science or a Technology related field
• Professional Information Security Certification
• At least 5 years of experience in the same role
• Extensive knowledge of various information security frameworks
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.