Job description / Role
An International Insurance Broker is currently looking for a Information Technology Assistant to provide day to day technical support on all IT related issues including but not limited to networks, hardware and software maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting. You will work closely with the IT Manager. The position is based in Dubai, UAE.
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of IT systems and ensures the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware, and software used.
• Configuration, deployment and management of workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment and its installation.
• Creation of employee mailbox and offer support if case of email access incidents
• Performs and/or oversees upgrades of server systems for the various departmental software applications.
• Provide software/hardware and system troubleshooting support
• Manage servers, storage devices, firewalls, network switches and routers, IP phone and wireless systems to ensure they are up and secure.
• Proactively monitor the network ensuring downtimes are identified and resolved with little to no impact to the business
• Monitor network uptime ensuring system users have access, raising issues on any outages with the service provider
• Offer support by troubleshooting, cable, wireless and other network infrastructure as needed,
• Ensure timely and cost-effective replacement of network, software and peripheral equipment
• Maintain an inventory of IT equipment/asset register
• Share IT process documentation, procedures, and troubleshooting guides with staff
• Publish all troubleshooting guidelines on the shared network and provide users with access
• Manage on-boarding process for new users
• Install the corporate antivirus on all endpoints and servers
• Ensure all devices have a valid software license and keep an inventory of the license keys
• Support in management of safe keeping and storage of equipment and office supplies, ensuring that appropriate records are maintained.
• Perform other tasks and assignments as per management request
Skills and Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS or equivalent in Information Technology, Business Information technology, computer science etc…
• At least 3 years of working experience in a related field,
• Certification and/or experience in any of the following: CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, CISSP, PMP, or ITIL in SQL-based operational systems, Windows server environments, and Cloud applications, including Office365.
• Experience in the field of developmental disabilities is a plus.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Actively participate in planning, education and execution of new company rollouts i.e. systems, technology, policies & procedures.
• Demonstrated experience managing IT projects simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively communicate technology, infrastructure and process needs and requirements with all personnel levels;
• Very good oral and written communication in English.
About the Company
A leading insurance broker in the Middle East.
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
IT Engineer - Windows
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jun|
Lindner Middle East
IT Service Desk
Sutherland Global Services
|Abu Dhabi||19 Mar|