Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
- Responsible for planning and maintenance of infrastructure across the organization. The role takes the requirements for changes or the creation of new architectural solutions from the Head of EA and passes the infrastructure architecture to the IT Strategy & Portfolio Specialist. The role has critical interface with the Head of Sourcing and Service Management for inputs on infrastructure availabilities and extension of frameworks
- Designs the infrastructure strategy and applicable policies to ensure they are aligned with the business and architecture strategy.
- Forecasts and manages demand for infrastructure products and services.
- Ensure overall service delivery, and monitor / track delivered solutions to ensure fit with business requirements.
- Leads resolution of major infrastructure problems.
- Participate in business and architecture planning sessions
- Provide input to buy vs. build decisions based on architecture and business requirements
- Prepare information architecture deliverables in accordance with IT standards and methodologies and consistent with the target business architecture
- Create architecture models. Defines target architectures, standards, platforms and tools; Establishes processes and procedures to bring uniformity across the organization
- Manage overall infrastructure architecture and future technical strategy based on a broad and deep understanding of business objectives, drivers, functions, metrics, and processes.
- Defines and maintains Infrastructure Management framework; Conducts reviews to ensure project and operations align to the Infrastructure Management framework, standards, policies and procedures; Sizes infrastructure components for volume and performance per business SLAs; Defines volume and performance tests and performance monitoring and tuning
- Identifies and assesses emerging tools, technologies and methodologies that could be introduced into the organization's environment; Develops opinions on the risks and benefits of new technologies and how they may or may not be leveraged by the organization
- Defines and maintains Information Security Management framework; Conducts reviews to ensure projects and operations align and adhere to the Information Security Management framework, standards, policies and procedures
- Develops strategy and plans for use of technologies across the enterprise; Manages process to ensure alignment between proposed projects and business strategy; Assesses existing technologies to ensure applicability and acceptability to the organization
- Provides consultation and advice to teams allowing the successful selection among architectural options to best meet business needs
- Capacity planning according to business needs
- Stay aware of stakeholders satisfaction and implement corrective actions when needed
- Establish strong working relationships with other architects
- Participate in and support cross architecture process improvement initiatives
- Participate in Architecture / Engineering working groups, and ensure that the organization is aligned to corporate technology/application directions
- Share / leverage successful products, processes and best practices across technology
- Refine and enhance architecture methodologies and / or standards
- Ensure documentation is captured in a document management system; publicize deliverable location to the organization as necessary
- Master's degree in Engineering / Technology / Computer Science
- Certification in TOGAF/Zachman, and FEAF, DODAF, COBIT, ITIL a plus
- Relevant professional experience
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture, operations and business processes
- Good understanding of re-engineering or process improvement, leading and coaching quality improvement projects that result in infrastructural changes
- Experience in networking & storage/servers/performance engineering/systems engineering and site engineering
- Experience in operating systems and systems software
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience in developing and implementing infrastructure architecture
- Experience in the application of sourcing methodologies and operating models, dealing with professional services firms and leading large infrastructure outsourcing agreements
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||28 Aug|
Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
Manpower Middle East
IT Support and Security Manager
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||10 Sep|
IT Manager (Head of IT)