Job description / Role
• Responsible for designing the bank’s future infrastructure and security architecture, including providing strategic direction on infrastructure and security evolutions in the market.
• Responsible for complete infrastructure, Network, and Security design, systems analysis, data center operation/ Cloud Operations, network & voice communication
• Ensure that the future infrastructure and security solution complies with the industry best practices and the regulatory requirements.
• Develop and evangelize the overall infrastructure and security architectural perspective in line with the bank’s strategic infrastructure and security vision
• Act as an expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions
• Advise teams on IT technology standard requirements, methodology, and processes
• Drive short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments
• Participate in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
• Develop enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms
• Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions
• Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
• Develop specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
• Find solution/reach consensus on architectural issues that emerge during product development
• Help review other people’s work and ensure squad output is in harmony with overall technical direction
• Analyze the business impact that certain technical choices may have
• Continuously research emerging technologies and propose changes to the existing architecture
• Evaluate project constraints to find alternatives, alleviate risks, and perform process re-engineering if required
• Be the point of contact for architects in lower-grade roles
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or any related discipline
• Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in infrastructure and security architecture of mid-sized companies
• Specialization in architecting high-available infrastructure for digital banking in a regulated environment
• Experienced with architecture management and governance
• Experienced in an agile way of working
• Strong knowledge of banking business processes
• Deep knowledge and understanding of key IT infrastructure and security trends within financial institutions
• Excellent command of English and preferably Arabic as well
• Excellent C-Level communication skills, written and oral
• Recommended obtained security certification (e.g. CEH, AWS/Azure, CISM, CompTIA, or CISSP)
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Senior, IT Security Analyst
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Technical Architect - Security
IT Auditor Manager
|Abu Dhabi||17 Feb|
IT Manager (Systems & Applications Development)
Middle East Executive