Job description / Role
• Manage claims both offensive and defensive by analyzing the contract and setting up the strategy in order to optimize the business position.
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.).
• Collaborate with management to develop efficient defense strategies.
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues.
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.).
• Ensure correct commercial contractual engagement of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Provide front-end advice on contracts.
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights.
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
• Manage litigation cases and disputes in collaboration with external advisors (experts, claims consultants, …) and law firms.
• Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings and review expert reports.
• Analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
• Manage external law firm and monitor and report external legal costs.
• Support subsidiaries with advice and legal topics.
• Prepare Request for Proposals for execution of projects by the business unit or its subsidiaries.
• Review of tender documentation and risks allocation at bid stage.
• Attend tender handover meetings and deliver pre-start meetings to the site team.
• Issue and follow-up on Request for Proposals for advisory services (legal, financial and technical).
• Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
• Outstanding drafting and oral communication skills.
• Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail.
• BSc Degree in Law or J.D. Degree.
• M.Sc. in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution and fluency in Arabic will be considered an advantage.
About the Company
We are a company based in UAE.