Job description / Role
Innovation Coach (Manager) - Customer & Strategy (Innovation Accelerator)
We have an opportunity for an "Innovation Coach" in one of the most vibrant start-up ecosystems in the middle east and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of high innovation start-ups who are either based in the UAE or looking to grow their business through entering the UAE market.
The EY managed "Innovation Accelerator" (IA) operates in Dubai from the EY Wavespace in Emirates towers. The program identifies promising start-up companies to benefit from EY's assistance, mentoring and coaching across a number of service areas optimised for the growth of high innovation start-ups. Following an intensive selection process around 20-30 companies a year will be identified for joining the programme.
You will be interacting with entrepreneurs on a daily basis, supporting the successful functioning of the Innovation Accelerator alongside the coaching director, the IA leadership team, a wide range of subject matter representatives, industry experts as well as the operations team.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within our Strategy & Customer practice you will deal with complex issues concerning (growth) strategy, innovation, customer experience and strategic / digital transformation.
In role of Innovation Coach the key responsibilities include;
- Support Innovation Accelerator managerial and operative tasks, oversight of service delivery for members across relevant service offerings, including taking lead roles in running workshops, events, talks and other emerging offerings suited to client needs;
- Manage member service delivery sessions and team involved in delivering those session.
- Coordinate with Service Delivery Enablement team to secure relevant SMR's, support staff, and resources required to conduct member service delivery sessions
- Track member feedback and achievements and communicate to the Marketing Team in coordination with Coaching Director and Service Delivery Director as required
- Input into strategy and operations for Innovation Services delivery as a whole, including regular review of strategy and ensuring compliance with policies in operations including facets such as partnerships, contracts and reporting.
- Input into the impact assessment, developing and monitoring the theory of change of why/how innovation services are helping with client objectives.
- Working with other coaches and service leads to provide oversight for the development and growth of a support community and alumni from which we can engage experts, mentors and partners for all clients.
- Working closely with other members of the Innovation Accelerator team to maintain a strong single team as we collectively undergo considerable growth.
- Support the Coaching Director and Service Delivery Director with any other activities and tasks as required
The Innovation Services Coach will be managing member relationships and managing a team to deliver design sprint sessions, advisory support and consulting on Accelerator members in transitioning to scale. Over time, the Innovation Coach will work with the Innovation Accelerator leadership to refine strategy and operationally deliver innovation services and consolidate EY's leadership position in innovation.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- You have 5 years or more of responsible experience in an innovation function or accelerator, product management in a technology company, as start-up founder or in a similar role or you have 6-9 years of work experience at a reputable company in the areas of marketing, strategy, business development or product innovation;
- You have deep knowledge of and affinity with, among other things, strategy (development), business performance improvement, digital technology and customer processes
- Experience running innovation and accelerator processes, such as design-led, human-centered design, lean-startup or agile workshops and managed them throughout the development journey of a startup/innovation
- At least 5 years' leadership and management experience, managing other experienced staff - You have persuasiveness, focus on people, leadership, and you can influence customers and stakeholders to receive support for major changes in organization;
- Experience in interaction with senior client and stakeholder relationships
- Experience with, and knowledge of, international development, emerging technologies, human-centered design, lean start up methodology
- Proven track record of effectively managing projects and/or client engagements
- Extensive knowledge of using Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Design (Strategyzer), and Customer Empathy mapping across a wide range of industry sectors
Ideally, you'll also have
- Knowledge and experience of using Human Centred Design methods, such as IDEO Design-kit methods
- Experience of applying start-up delivery methods such as Lean Startup
- Previous experience with Agile methodology
- Willingness to travel extensively across the globe
What we look for
We are looking for professionals who are looking to develop their careers. You will make a difference to a wide range of clients in the field of Strategy & Customer. The work environment is dynamic with a high level of trust and strong co-operation. If this is something that interests you and you have the abilities above, then we would like to talk to you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.