Job description / Role
What you will do
• The Installation Excellence Senior Manager will be directly reporting to VP of Strategy and Business Operations- EMEALA.
• You will be based in Dubai and will be part of team responsible for interfacing with Project Management, Installation Management, Engineering and customers during project execution.
• You will Identify and develop methodologies, tools, best practices and standards related to the management of typical installation projects in the field of the HVAC, Controls, Fire & security business in Middle East & Africa (from high-volume turnkey projects down to small installation projects).
• Monitor application of processes and tools via quality gates (e.g. bid reviews, handover from sales to operations & regular project status reviews).
• You will act as 'sparring partner' to field operations providing advanced specialist know-how during the entire project life cycle e.g. development of project strategies, pro-active project risk & opportunities mgmt.
How you will do it
• As an Experienced Installation Excellence Manager you will participate and lead complex contract, claims & order negotiations with customers, act as point of contact and "trouble shooter" in case major issues arise during project execution.
• You will attend weekly project review meetings, track financials, and contact and update the sub-contractors on a weekly basis and Run the Johnson Controls project management training programs and workshops based on an overall training concept
• You will be responsible for assisting the installation businesses across the MEA Region with a special focus on the HVAC, Controls, and Fire and security businesses.
• This will include defining best practice key process steps in the end to end process from sales to project close-out and will be done in close collaboration with the local Installation branches, procurement, legal and finance functions.
• You will attend post project meetings ("Lessons Learned") to recommend improvements and changes if problems arose during the installation process.
• You will make site visits occasionally to help with commissioning if needed and enforce safety and quality standards.
• You will attend post project meetings to recommend design or concept changes if problems arose during the installation process and Forecast monthly installation costs and update the installation management tool and PMC tool.
What we look for
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in managing bids, installation projects & teams in a mechanical/electrical contracting environment
• Master's degree in engineering with a Project Management Certification would be preferred
• A solid understanding of commercial costing and pricing of tenders/bids
• In depth understanding of terms & conditions from a commercial & execution point of view to actively support change orders and claims during project execution
• Ideally from a bigger organization with a large installation business
• A strong team player with very good communication skills
• Willingness to travel
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.