Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To overview the EPC and Site offshore Engineering contractor as Installation/Marine Engineer Offshore on project management consultant team for EPC and site offshore and associated project activities.
- Review all EPC and site offshore documents and engineering deliverables prepared by EPC Engineer/Licensor and take necessary actions as required.
- Review compliance with EPC Engineers/Licensors requirements during design review, safety reviews etc.
- Respond to technical queries as deemed necessary.
- Review request for Design Deviations and recommend its acceptance or not.
- Participate in Hazop and safety review meetings.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 20 yrs experience within the Oil and Gas industry, of which at least 10 years. are in handling projects related to offshore
- Must have 3 years of Project Management Consultant and Middle East experience.
- Fully familiar with international codes, standards and recommended practices to be applied for oil/gas projects during EPC phase
- Experience to manage EPC deliverables for owner is distinctly preferred
- Must have proven ability to contribute during development of system studies and Hazop / Safety reviews
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Being able to assess situations in the context of the full business ecosystem
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
• With integrity
• With due skill, care and diligence
• In good faith, and
• In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.