Job description / Role
You will be required to
- Conduct, create various workshops and facilitate in the efficient and smooth running of the SSU Technology Center (SSU-TC) as well as support other SSU activities
- Administer all facilities and opportunities for students and provide appropriate coaching and guidance for students' benefits.
- Maintain, prepare and update all records to ensure excellent performance using appointment software and Excel.
- Prepare workshops for students and ensure appropriate listing of all workshop objectives.
- Supervise opening and closing of SSU-TC .
- Liaise with other colleges at the University to meet their needs.
- Provide high quality IT workshops to broaden and enhance student skill sets.
- Maintain knowledge on new technology trends and recommend improvement to assist students in teaching process.
- Design and update all instructional materials for the various workshops on regular basis.
- A minimum of a Master's degree in an engineering or IT discipline
- Proficiency in Programming skills including Python with a bias to graphics or AI. Knowledge of other programming languages (R, Java) would be an advantage.
- Industry experience with solid knowledge in Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Proficient in the use of Catia v5 (or Solidworks -Revit -AutoCad) and able to create 3D printed models.
- Proficient in the use of Matlab and Simulink and/or Labview.
- Proficient in the use of programming and interfacing with mircoProficient
- Proficient in creating VR worlds using software (VRML,Unity).
- Able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Able to manage financial and material resources effectively.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various issues.
- Good knowledge in educational software and web-based applications.
- Experience: At least three years teaching in a technology centered environment
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.