Job description / Role
The department of Biology at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking candidates for instructor position in the field of Invertebrate Biology. The biology department has research strengths in cancer, genomics, plant biotechnology and Ecology. The selected candidate is expected to contribute to the strengthening and promoting of the teaching at the department and to participate in the implementation of the department strategy in alignment with the university strategic plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participate in service activities of the department and college (serve as member of department committees).
- Participate in research activities of the department.
- Successful candidates should have a PhD degree and at least three years of teaching experience with a good track record of publications in the field of Invertebrate Biology.
Rank and salary
- The successful applicant will hold a full-time academic appointment in the Department of Biology at the Instructor level. Salary is dependent upon rank. UAEU offers a competitive start-up package.
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of research interests/achievements
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Name and contact information for three references
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.