Job description / Role
Student Affairs Faculty Fellow is an essential vehicle for student's success. A vital aspect of this position is the creation of a meaningful and active faculty presence in the academic and non-academic student journey. Faculty Fellows work closely with student affairs staffs in housing, recreation areas, clubs, students extracurricular, etc., to set an intellectual and academic tone in student affairs activities and bridge the gap between academic departments and student affairs division. Student Affairs Faculty Fellow is partially dedicated faculty member to student engagement.
Faculty Fellows will have the opportunity to interpret broad program goals in different ways, including those that align with their academic interests and personal passions. Generally, however, the program encourages Faculty Fellows to design structure, and informal programs and events that will appeal to a broad range of students and that allow for significant interaction among students and between students and faculty members.
Ideally, these activities are planned and organized around themes such as literature, language, and culture, the arts, science and technology, community service, the professions, the first-year experience, or other similar possibilities.
Student Affairs Faculty Fellows may teach classes, and by other faculty members, they invite. Faculty Fellow programming should encourage students to think critically and analytically about its content. In all cases, programs and activities should draw heavily upon the many resources in the university for enhancing a liberal education. Faculty Fellows will be expected to organize and facilitate programs; have frequent, direct interaction with students and staff; and serve as a mentor, role model, advisor, and academic resource generally to students within the residence hall.
- University Postgraduate Degree
- University Postgraduate Degree in a related subject. Preferably with experience in Academic Environment.
- Faculty Fellows must be full-time, with a strong commitment to student engagement, excellent communicators in both one-on-one and group settings, creative minded (including design programs, overseeing initiatives); able to work collegially and effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, parents, staff; and accessible and approachable to students.
- Faculty Fellows must have belief in the benefits of a living/learning environment, a strong commitment to undergraduate education, and a willingness to make the necessary investment in time and energy in support of the aims of this program.
- Faculty Fellows must be excellent communicators in both one-one and group settings; productive programs (including conception, promotion, implementation, and assessment); able to work collegially and effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, and parents; and accessible and approachable to students.
Not less than 2 Year's experience in teaching and academic advising.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.