Job description / Role
Are you an experienced Instrumentation Engineer looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Abu Dhabi, UAE office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues
• Client focus
• This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team in the Middle east. The role will be a Site based Instrumentation Engineer on a very prestigious project within the region.
• Review the proposed design, specification and communication architecture by the contractor for the logistics management from central control room in the Client
• Inspect all the sites to identify defects to instruments and communication components
• Review method statements
• Review safety arrangements for execution of work
• Inspect and certify work completion
• Supervise execution of work at site
• Witness testing of equipment and commissioning
• Review test certificates for new/repaired equipment
• Review material certificates
Qualification / Requirements:
• Must have a Bachelors Degree in Instrumentation or Electronics Engineering
• Must have at least 10 years experience post graduate experience
• Must have background experience in Waste System Management.
• A thorough understanding of LAN and WAN technologies including switching, routing, and firewall fundamentals.
• Knowledge of common switching and routing protocol including but not limited to TCP/IP, SNMP.
• General awareness of Extra low voltage system like CCTV, Access control, Fire alarm.
• Profound knowledge on open protocols like MOBUS, BacNet, LON,OPC.
• Should have working experience over Operating system like Window7 and above.
• Working knowledge over Server base applications.
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.