Job description / Role
We are looking for an insurance specialist (General Accident Department) for our Abu Dhabi office.
The insurance specialist is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by offering risk management; guard and guide the client with transparency on insurance products, procedures, regulations, and market trends related to General Accident. The insurance specialist will be in charge of developing existing portfolio and new business opportunity.
- Perform the Broking Role for new business and existing portfolio of Clients
- Develop & consolidate excellent working relationship with new & existing Insurers
- Implement the workflow and suggest changes if needed
- Offer risk assessment and risk management
- Is a referral point, providing appropriate expertise & advice to resolve issues when problems, complaints or queries etc
- Ensure accurate information of policy documents & process orders, forms, applications and requests
- Manage client’s records and accounts & maintain records of all communications
- Build and maintain relationships with the client with a good understanding of each client’s business and culture
- Achieve best client service in an efficient and friendly manner ensuring that all client deadlines are met
- Remains aware of the market e.g. competitors, potential changes/risks to ensure practices and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard and contributes to the identification of opportunities and business growth.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or finance and a degree in CII
- Minimum 2 years of experience in underwriting engineering, property, and liability preferably a broker in GA
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of insurance products, trends, and regulations
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A good understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
About the Company
Howden, the retail broking arm of Hyperion Insurance Group, provides a range of specialist insurance solutions to clients around the world. Howden has offices in Europe, Asia, Iberoamerica, the Middle East and Africa. It has the greatest reach with its own offices of any independent broker and a total reach to over 90 territories with its partner network Howden One.
Since 2017, Howden Turkey, the Middle East & Africa region(TMEA) has acquired a majority stake in broker ACP in Turkey, completed the majority acquisition of New Generation Insurance Services Company in Oman, and Howden UAE celebrated its ten-year anniversary in Dubai. With Howden One and the establishment of Howden Puri in Tanzania, the region now covers 17 countries and is one of the fastest growing in the group.
Business Development Coordinator (Oil & Gas)
|Abu Dhabi||20 Jan|
HR Source Consulting
Business Development Manager (Insurance Broking)
Howden Insurance Brokers LLC
Call Center and Receptionist Team Leader - Arabic Speaker
|Abu Dhabi||5 Jan|
A Leading Company In Dubai