Job description / Role
The Cheil Global Network is a collection of specialisms unified by the entrepreneurial spirit of Cheils’ HQ in Seoul, which grew out of the technology revolution in Asia. The Cheil Global Network unites specialisms in brand communications, digital, retail, innovation, social and design. In the UAE we are #4 on The Gun Report, were one of the biggest growth agencies in 2017 and partner with clients that include Samsung, Virgin Mobile, Nespresso, Nandos, New Balance and Volkswagen.
Our role is to make our clients' brands more famous and more profitable. And we do this by doing what legendary GE CEO Jack Welch said – learning more about the consumer than our client’s competition and acting on that information faster than our client’s competition. In a world where everything changes at the speed of light, we believe that this is our time to shine because we can play a role no other business partner can.
As an Integrated Associate Director, you will be overseeing multiple global brands across channels (ATL and Digital), whilst managing and mentoring a team of account managers and account execs that are tasked with the day to day servicing for these clients. The Associate Director is responsible for assuring delivery, delivering outstanding strategic advice and excellent creative output.
A pivotal leadership position within the business combining an ability to manage the challenges of growing a portfolio of accounts whilst juggling the responsibilities of business development and client servicing roles. The application of creative thinking is an essential part of the business.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
• Develop a good relationship with clients to serve as a trusted consultant.
• Oversee the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the account including the communication flow throughout the agency, clients and partners.
• Direct and guide your team to ensure campaigns are consistently best-in-class, run smoothly and enter the market on time and on budget.
• Collaborate with strategists, creative and production teams to craft engaging and impactful work.
• Become a trusted advisor for our client. Know their business and competitive landscape and champion the work and business-building ideas. You are the client's main day-to-day agency contact.
• Champion the client within the agency. Share your knowledge and passion for the business internally. Advocate for insightful strategies that propel the client forward.
• Provide marketing and communications leadership to internal and client stakeholders and partners.
• Create and develop annual account plans and participate in regular account reviews with project teams and account management.
• Support senior team as required in new business development as required.
• Manage financial health tracking of the client along with overseeing key financial reporting documents (BCR, internal project status, estimate development, etc.) with Account Managers and Executives. Report key financial data to the agency's senior leadership and finance departments.
• Lead the inter-agency team as the AOR, ensuring the deliverable of other agencies align to the set strategic direction.
• Supervise, train, motivate and review the performance of direct reports to ensure the highest level of performance.
• Coordinate and execute miscellaneous projects as required in the daily running of the account.
We are looking for someone who has hands-on, all-round digital experience across both the ATL (OOH, POS, print) and digital landscape (display, video, social, DCO). We want someone who just doesn’t ‘talk’ integrated communications but has been dirty in the trenches and done it for clients. Ideally you will come from an agency side experience, been very hands on in executing a range of digital campaigns and integrated elements, is a team player, has excellent communication skills and proven ability and experience to lead, manage and drive the clients’ agenda.
Job Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelors degree
• 7+ years of account management across both ATL and digital clients servicing experience, with some experience managing key high-profile clients
• Minimum of three years' experience managing and mentoring a team
• Digital marketing experience with integrated marketing insight is MUST. Strong understanding of the digital landscape and its application to communications plan required
• Confident self-starter and critical thinker
• A strong communicator - master at crafting a well-articulated and supported point of view (verbal and written). Arabic language skills is a plus
• Must be able to prioritize a demanding workload and tight timelines
• Experience managing project budgets and internal efficiency
• The ability to craft concise client briefs capturing all project objectives accurately
• Proven success in growing account and revenue generation
About the Company
At Cheil we believe in creating Ideas that Move – people, brands and the world. Our clients choose us for our unique thinking and creativity driven by innovation. Integrated at an operational level, we are able to offer an alternative perspective in digital & programmatic media, retail experience and experiential & live communications. Steered by our fighting spirit of ‘TU:HON’ (achieving the impossible) we have established our largest client, Samsung Electronics, as the most valuable and desired brand globally, and within MENA.
In 2003 we opened our first MENA office in Dubai, UAE. Today, we have a strong local presence throughout the MENA markets and Cheil offices in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iran. Looking to the future, we will continue to challenge the status quo across the region’s marketing landscape with a passionate team committed to driving innovation on behalf of our clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence
Senior Manager Innovation & NPD
General Operations Manager
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|