Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Integrated Well Services Pursuit Project Manager to join the team in Dubai, UAE. This role will progressively develop Integrated Well Services (IWS) opportunities from proposal management to contract award. The role will additionally perform successful contract transition during Project mobilization stage to an operational execution Project Manager.The position reports to the IWS Commercial Leader and align with IWS Project Management Office.
- Leads all elements (BHGE products and services, contracted parties, customer interface) of IWS Opportunities through the defined Process Stages, ensuring all Stage and Decision Gate deliverables are met
- Leads the opportunity pursuit, engaging and aligning all stakeholders such as Region Leadership, Commercial Operations, IWS leadership, Product Line teams, technical focal points, contracted party focal points, BHGE support functions in order to build a winning strategies for proposals or bids
- Ensures company processes and procedures are implemented, including OFS Sales and Commercial principles and in particular IWS Management System content and tools are applied to every Opportunity
- Contributes to the development of, and maintain processes to ensure that project risks are correctly documented, evaluated and mitigated through use of IWS Risk Management Process and tools
- Drafts the initial Project Plan and all parts thereof, ie Risk Management Plan, Communications Plan, Sourcing Plan, Vendor Management Plan, early Schedule, Quality Plan, Stakeholder Matrix, Project RACI, Organizational Structure
- Ensure commercial models accurately reflect the most likely return on investment and profitability of BHGE by working closely with various internal stakeholders
- Works closely with supply chain/procurement teams to evaluate and source competitive contracts and/or alliances for all key subcontracted parties or vendors required to deliver the operable project
- Provides leadership for negotiations with customers, contracted parties, vendors and other relevant parties
- Performs contract handover during Project Mobilization stage to the Project Manager and IWS support teams responsible for the Project through execution stages
- Interact strategically with Regions, Product Lines and Company functions to aid Integrated Service Delivery
- Performs After Action Reviews during opportunity pursuit and project mobilization stages. Participates in PEER reviews, Lessons Learned sessions and ensures the continuous improvement cycle is complete
- Utilizes Project Management Methodology (PMBoK) in daily working practice
- Utilizes proficient networking and touchpoints in a matrix organization in order to ensure sufficient and effective use of supporting resources for the opportunity proposal/bid from the wider organization
- Displays and encourages company ethics, initiatives across both the opportunities worked on and the wider organization
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, commercial or scientific discipline
- 10+ years of relevant oil & gas operator or service company experience
- 5+ years' experience in integrated multi service wells delivery
- 5+ years' experience of managing and leading employees
- 40% Travel
- Global (preferred) experience in delivering proposals in varying and complex commercial and contractual models
- Requirement to attain IWS Competence Qualifications, and to be registered in BHGE PM Academy
- Strong understanding of Upstream business environment, including technical and logistical elements
- Good knowledge of Well Engineering, Well Construction, Rigs, equipment packages and technical solutions
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical, decision making and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix organization
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across multiple Product Companies, functions, geographies, external parties
- Significant knowledge of business plans, Project Planning, Project Management Methodology and Proposal/bid creation
- Experience in contract management, both with customer, and subcontracted parties
- Capability to influence at all levels, executive communication and presentation skills
- PMP Certification
- Previous experience with an Operator and/or Products & Services additional to BHGE Oilfield Services
- Experience with LSTK projects of varying commercial models, outcome and performance based
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.