Job description / Role
The Integration Architect role is responsible for designing integration architectures, including development, runtime, operations, message- and event-driven architectures and delivering integrated solutions by applying Agile and Model-Driven methodologies.
- Defining solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns and processes
- Automating business process models and cloud-based services.
- Creation and execution of Application Integration Strategies aligned with the Bank's business objectives
- Design of production, staging, QA and development integration Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Build Application integration expertise internally
- Analyze infrastructure performance information to identify capacity trends and recommend solutions for maximizing efficiency
- Design new solutions using both vendor and industry best practice methodologies.
- Be able to provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to address a goal.
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
- Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
- Lead and coordinate the overall solution design and deployment activities coordinating with internal teams and vendors
- Perform applications assessments and develop application roadmaps
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Continuously develop own expertise, optimising on-the-job and formal training opportunities
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Professional certifications in SOA and Enterprise Architecture
- Understanding of Banking products, services and processes
- Experience with at least one modern programming language (including but not limited to Java, Kotlin, Go, NodeJS, Rust, Python as well as Java and/or C#).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in delivery of Integration and BPM solutions.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Azure Cloud Platform, (platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture).
- The candidate must have hands on working knowledge in one or more of the following categories:
- Experience with an integration tool as Mulesoft Mule ESB, Redhat Fuse, Tibco Business Works, SoftwareAG webMethods
- Experience with a BPMS platform such as OpenText AppWorks BPM, RedHat JBPM
- Experience with a BRMS platform such as RedHat Drools, IBM ODM
- Experience with event driven architectures and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
- Good English knowledge. Knowledge of Arabic will be considered as an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
- Inter- personal relations skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Developer, Middleware
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)