Job description / Role
• Interior Designer renders interior design, planning, technical and site co-ordination expertise within design studio.
• Obtaining and developing initial project brief into a concept proposal. Presenting the final brief to the stakeholders/client.
• Ensuring design development and documentation is in line with approved concept design.
• Oversee the design process to provide value added solutions.
• Supervising and coordinating interior design and drawings with other building disciplines and departments of Silverstone Eng. Consultancy.
• Scrutinize interior detail design drawings and specifications for tender issue.
• Submitting applications to statutory authorities (DM, DCD, DSO, DCCA, etc.). as and when required.
• Preparing tender drawings, FF & E and documentation.
• Coordinate and review BOQ with QS.
• Review and approve shop drawings and submitting independently.
• Regular site supervision.
• Assist Head of Design Studio in development and review of specifications, product database, design guidelines and standardize construction details.
• Delegate, train and mentor draftsmen, Architects and monitor their performance.
• Perform tasks and responsibilities as appropriate with the technical skills and position as directed by line manager/Head of Design Studio.
• Agree on performance goals at beginning of the year in consultation with Head of Design Studio.
• Be proactive and strive to achieve high levels of proficiency in tasks performed as Interior Designer.
• Actively seek feedback from peers and superiors to identify opportunities for improvement in performance.
• Identify training and development requirements for self and consult Head of Design Studio for implementation.
• Comply with Silverstone Eng. Consultancy code of ethics at all times.
• Adhere to safety regulations particularly at project sites. Report project related irregularities and policy violations to the line manager.
• Manage sensitive and confidential information as per Silverstone Eng. Consultancy Management instructions.
• Follow work environment discipline and collaborate to enhance spirit of creativity within Silverstone Eng. Consultancy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from a recognized University.
• Minimum 7-10 years of interior design experience with minimum 5 years in the UAE.
Type of Experience
• Preferably within a multi-disciplinary consultancy and having construction site coordination experience.
• Strong interior design portfolio to prove design and aesthetic skills.
• Sound knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant authorities’ rules/regulations and quality standards.
• Proficient in English.
• Knowledge of Arabic desired.
• Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.
• Visual awareness and an eye for details.
• Adaptability, strategic leadership and teamwork.
• Self-motivated and active listener.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Project and people management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and able to prioritize work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times.
About the Company
Binghatti Holding is an international investment holding company headquartered in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). The company focuses on high-growth potential projects in the real estate, hospitality, education, industrial, construction and FMCG sectors. Empowered by mercantile experience since 1875, the brand seeks to redefine the norms of the region by delivering reasonably priced high quality products in a timely manner.
Binghatti Developers, the real estate development branch of Binghatti Holding operates throughout the UAE with a value of more than AED 3 Billion and 30 projects, including the AED 1 Billion Swarovski Sparkle Towers in Dubai Marina. The company currently operates in several areas throughout Dubai including Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Village Circle, Liwan, Dubai Land Residence Complex and Business Bay.
Binghatti Beverages, the beverage manufacturing arm of Binghatti Holding was established to provide world class beverages catering to the unique tastes of the GCC and MENA region. The company focuses on capitalizing on the region’s growing FMCG industry by commercializing the traditional juice flavors ethnic to the Middle East. The company recently invested more than AED 250 Million in a Kizad, Abu Dhabi production facility equipped with state of the art Tetra Pak filling and packaging lines. The facility sits on a plot of more than 1 million square feet and currently produces the Binghatti Beverages’ signature brand, Raubi of London.
Binghatti Hospitality intends to provide world class Hospitality Management services throughout the GCC and MENA region. The company’s primary concentrations include Food & Beverage, Hoteliering, Art Curation, Facilities Management, Sales, Marketing & ecommerce, Finance, Revenue Management, Purchasing, Human Resources, and Information Technology services related to the Hospitality Industry. The company is primarily known for their CUPAGAHWA and Aghatti café and restaurant brands in the UAE.
Binghatti Industries envisages the establishment of a technologically advanced, environmentally friendly, and sustainable smart aluminum production facility capable of producing up to 10,000 tons of aluminium frames and profiles per year. The intricate process involves the latest technology in aluminium manufacturing and processing machinery to ensure the highest environmental standards of production. The facility will also feature a state of the art joinery equipped with modern technology to produce fire resistant doors and wooden decor products.
Granada Europe Construction (GEC) is an international construction company with ‘first class unlimited’ rating. Headquartered in Dubai, GEC’s main line is principal contracting involving high-rise buildings, large purpose-built complexes, and infrastructure execution. In recent years, GEC has also moved into the niche of executing exquisite and extravagant projects for internationally renowned VIP clients.
Senior Interior Designer
Senior Interior Designer
Arena Events Limited
Senior Interior Designer - Delivery Focused
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)