Job description / Role
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. Our work reflects a commitment to sustainability and the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we're refreshing a retailers brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Our UAE studio is currently seeking an Interior Designer with a strong background in hospitality projects and a passion for design. In this position, you will collaborate with our Design Directors and design leadership on a variety of exciting projects across the MENA region.
What You Will Do
- An integral part of the design team, you lead towards a cohesive and rational design solution which conforms to the project brief and is technically, legally and financially responsible.
- You will guide skill development of junior designers.
- Contribute to and reinforces the team effort method of producing design projects.
- Take responsibility for implementing approved briefing approach.
- Prepare the design analysis and research.
- Lead project meetings at discretion of Design Manager.
- Solve complex design problems through schematic design and design development.
- Oversee the preparation of graphic materials for presentation to client.
- Research and recommend appropriate systems, materials and finishes.
- Present design schemes and documents to the client with the Design Manager.
- Oversee the design development package for production.
- Work with technical coordinator and technical team to ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents.
- With Design Manager, liaise as necessary with client on issues of design.
- Develop strategic planning, conceptual designs, design development, and production.
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents.
- Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Participate in selection of FF&E colour palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications.
- Participate in business development effort.
- Participate in exciting design and research projects and bring a new perspective to what we do for our clients.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
About the Company
Gensler is widely recognized as the world's leading collaborative design firm, not just the largest. The ability to work together as an integrated team is part of our DNA, and we've embraced it at every level, from our Co-CEOs to our studios and project teams.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry's deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.