Job description / Role
Student Internship - Architecture & Interior Design - Autumn 2019
As an intern in Gensler's UAE offices, you will join our creative office environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity.
Please note that the start date of the internship can be flexible, however you must be available for a minimum internship duration of 3 months.
What You Will Do During This Internship
• You will have an exciting opportunity to work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
• In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lunch & learn sessions, in house training and potentially vendor visits.
• You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional licensure efforts.
• You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture or Interior Design;
• You have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program;
• You are returning to your program after the internship and will be graduating within one year;
• You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples);
• Experience using Revit required, AutoCAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
• 3D computer rendering skills (SketchUp, 3ds Max, and/or other modeling software);
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Hand sketching ability a plus
Gensler is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gensler and need special assistance due to a disability, or accommodation for a disability, please provide details in your application.
About the Company
Gensler is widely recognized as the world's leading collaborative design firm, not just the largest. The ability to work together as an integrated team is part of our DNA, and we've embraced it at every level, from our Co-CEOs to our studios and project teams.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry's deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.