Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP's global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration : meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience : gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility : with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
The SAP Platform & Technologies CEE team is committed to supporting each other to ensure success, both individually and as a team. We have a pay it forward mentality and are always willing to help our colleagues. Our culture is built upon sharing best practices, utilizing communication platforms to answer each other's questions, and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to the mission of driving customer success. We provide opportunities to lead regional and global workstreams that help us improve as a team and contribute to great customer experiences.
Expected start date: Jan 2022
Duration: 6 months
Internship type: Curricular (preferred)
In this role, you'll:
Our team is driven by the success of our customers! The focus of this position is to help our clients successfully adopt, consume, and renew their investment in SAP Platform & Technologies (P&T) Cloud solutions, including SAP Platform, Databases, Data Management and Analytics. SAP Platform & Technologies CEE's work with the most cutting-edge and innovative SAP solutions and supports SAP's most strategic SAP P&T Cloud customers.
Our Customer Engagement Executives (CEE)'s are responsible for the day-to-day customer engagement from license deal signing onwards. In this position, you will drive the experience of your customers around product onboarding, use-case identification, project initiation, architecture and governance coaching, project companionship, post-launch relationship management, and renewal negotiations.
- You would drive value realization for our customers.
- You will proactively engage customers post-sale to ensure they get maximum value from their SAP Platform & Technologies Cloud Solutions.
- You can understand the big picture and assist with escalations or critical situations management.
- You will be the technical trusted advisor providing "To-Be" solution vision workshops, best practices, VIP webinars, and driving Re-platforming discussions with Customers.
- You have a focus on maintaining retention as you will manage the customer renewal process including full execution of the entire opportunity-to-win cycle (including CRM, pricing, rev rec, legal, forecasting, etc.).
- You will work with partners in the region to expand their skill set, explaining them about the vast possibilities the SAP BTP platform has to offer
- You will work with the team of CEEs to understand the operational aspect of their business and support the team in achieving their operational goals
- You'll use your relationship building skills to build a network of colleagues and customer-facing personnel to support your assigned accounts such as Account Executives, Product Management, Support, Deals Desk, Implementation Services, Partners, etc.
Who you are:
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- You have a technical software background and have had exposure to cloud-based platform technologies such as analytics, databases, and/or cloud platforms, such that you explain the value of them and have a high-level understanding of how they work technically.
- You have the aptitude to link technology to business needs and outcomes to articulate the value a particular solution could provide to meet business outcomes.
- Basic knowledge with SAP cloud solutions, including SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Databases (Cloud), SAP Analytics Cloud is a plus.
- You are a young graduate with good communication (oral and written), presentation, program management, and organizational skills, ideally in a customer facing role.
- You have interest in working in the IT Industry.
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking English
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.