Job description / Role
Our client is a large, European listed MNC that is doing well in the region. Due to expansion they are now looking to recruit a hands-on Internal Audit Manager based in Dubai.
The candidate must be happy with up to 70% travel at times (mostly to the MENA region) as the role will require this. An Arabic speaker is preferred but not a must.
* Conduct independent reviews and evaluations of any and all management operations and activities to appraise:
* Compliance with policies, plans, standards, international best practices and applicable local laws and regulations that could have significant impact on operations.
* Financial information.
* Measures taken to safeguard assets, including tests of existence and ownership as appropriate.
* Economy and efficiency in the use of resources.
* Effectiveness in the accomplishment of objectives and goals established for operations and projects.
* Prepare the Annual Audit Plan.
* Prepares and presents reports to the Head of Audit about the results of audit engagements, significant risk exposures and control issues
* Coordinate activities to the extent possible with the external auditors to enhance audit efficiency.
* Exercise discretion in the review of records to ensure confidentiality.
* Engages in multiple assignments concurrently
* Leads project planning, administration, and economics, e.g., budgeting, staffing and time analysis
* Delivers projects, meeting deadlines around planning, execution, and reporting
* Reviews work performed by team to ensure that the key risks identified in the risk statement have been adequately covered
* Utilises prior experience to identify previously captured lessons learned or best practices
* Identifies and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency
* Contributes to after action reviews or post-mortem sessions to capture lessons learned
Experience & Exposure:
* Experience with multinational internal audit procedures, IFRS related requirements, Regulatory compliance,
* Experience required in Internal audit - systems, processes, etc. and forensic audit
* Risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions
* Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
* The individual will have at least 10-15 years of post-qualification experience in Internal (Financial) Audit.
* A degree in accounting or other related discipline
* Must be happy with up to 70% travel in the MENA region (and occasionally to SE Asia)
* Internal Audit experience from a MNC
* Fluency in Arabic is a big plus
* Experience to direct and develop others in the Audit team
* Experience with Financial and Operational Auditing
* He/she is responsible for responsible for compiling and updating the Audit Procedures
Salary & Benefits
* 30-35k depending on experience, regular family benefits.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.